• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

How do I reply back to the defence statement using the correct Jargon? Please help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I reply back to the defence statement using the correct Jargon? Please help

Hi

Breach of contract under the supply of goods and services act 1979 - notified to the builder pre-completion and on completion.

How do I reply back to the defence statement in the correct manner if i disagree or reject anything they say. In each paragraph they have made multiple points an need to refer to them in the reply, these are not numbered, only the paragraph. So if I reject the first point and disagree with the 2nd for instance, how would I refer to that.

Can we add any further information into the reply, an opening statement? Provide further evidence attached or should we just remark and rely on the information at a later point?

We notice the defence has not supplied any evidence to back up their claims and think they are playing the waiting game?

Does anyone have any examples of a reply document and all the jargon used, that would help greatly?

Kindest regards
    L
    Tags: None

Re: How do I reply back to the defence statement using the correct Jargon? Please hel

BUMP
    "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Re: How do I reply back to the defence statement using the correct Jargon? Please hel

Originally posted by Loz1 View Post
      Hi

Breach of contract under the supply of goods and services act 1979 - notified to the builder pre-completion and on completion.

How do I reply back to the defence statement in the correct manner if i disagree or reject anything they say. In each paragraph they have made multiple points an need to refer to them in the reply, these are not numbered, only the paragraph. So if I reject the first point and disagree with the 2nd for instance, how would I refer to that.

Can we add any further information into the reply, an opening statement? Provide further evidence attached or should we just remark and rely on the information at a later point?

We notice the defence has not supplied any evidence to back up their claims and think they are playing the waiting game?

Does anyone have any examples of a reply document and all the jargon used, that would help greatly?

Kindest regards
      L
      If you post up the " defence statement " ( is this the witness statement?) after removing personal details we may be able to help.

nem

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Celestine View Post
      BUMP
      Responded.

nem

Comment

Hi
        thanks for your response, after reviewing info on the web have decided it's best not to reply as we have no legal obligation to do so and anything said in the defences reply will not be considered as us agreeing to it apparently. We will open up our reply in the witness statement to cover these false statements.
        How would one refer to incorrect information supplied in the defence, I.e they have quoted incorrect information in relation to figures etc?

directions questionaire

we have received the directions, do we need to contact the defence to decide on how to progress the directions questionaire? We have read that communication has to take place to decide on whether an agreement can be reached etc?

The next stage would that we fill the form in asking for mediation? So should we still contact them re the directions questionaire and how, telephone letter?
        many thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Loz1 View Post
          Hi
          thanks for your response, after reviewing info on the web have decided it's best not to reply as we have no legal obligation to do so and anything said in the defences reply will not be considered as us agreeing to it apparently. We will open up our reply in the witness statement to cover these false statements.
          How would one refer to incorrect information supplied in the defence, I.e they have quoted incorrect information in relation to figures etc?

directions questionaire

we have received the directions, do we need to contact the defence to decide on how to progress the directions questionaire? We have read that communication has to take place to decide on whether an agreement can be reached etc?

The next stage would that we fill the form in asking for mediation? So should we still contact them re the directions questionaire and how, telephone letter?
          many thanks
          Ok the points in their defence will have to be addressed in your witness statement which has to be filed at least 14 days prior to trial together with all evidence on which you intend to rely.

The DQ should be completed and 1 copy goes to the defendant and 1 to the court, you will receive a copy of their DQ in due course.

You don't need to refer to the defendant at all.

I think you are referring to " mediation" yes the court expects the parties to attempt to reach resolution without recourse to trial if possible so you say yes to mediation and if the defendant agrees you will contacted by the " small Claims Mediation Service " if the claim is less than £10K.

nem

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X