• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

google privacy rulings problems

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• google privacy rulings problems

Just my current opinion.

Something i am dealing with at the moment has given me a clear indication on how the above ruling has been used to cover up misdeeds and connections to illegal activity, previous convictions and connections between people in public services

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Right_to_be_forgotten

I have been playing around with ways to automate checking these ( not as simple as it initially may seem ), as i am trying to show a pattern, i suspect if i can fully sus the pattern around the people on my list, i suspect, if you spot the pattern at other public service organisations, then just the fact that it is there would indicate something worth looking into

The list i am looking at, contains some very bad people, some, the worst of the worst, all, seem to have used the right to be forgotten ( you can tell by the google notice at the bottom of the page ) . If a public body wanted to research these people, they would find what am on about, but, crucially,, If a member of public, wanted to research these people, they would have no chance, and there lies the reall problem .
    especialy when the right to be forgotten has been used by people were previous allegations of iether improper behavior,m or suspected fraud against members of the public, to cover up past allegations.

see, because people use and rely on google for there researching into things, it can be used to shape the output and make bad to good

I have one perfect example of this. A person, that has been formally accused on a number of occasions of fraud related to his employment ( publicly paid ), serious improper behavior around vulnerable people, has been using this.

Nearly all item that refair to this person in a bad way, between 2001 and 2014 have been removed, but, write ups by him, and in his favor, mostly playing down the allegations and dismissing them, come up top of the list,

just my opinion.

( i wander what the numbers are if you could look, what percentage of the google takedown requests would relate to people that are just covering up there past so they can continue doing what there doing ) IE how many relate to people in public services
    crazy council ( as in local council,NELC ) as a member of the public, i don't get mad, i get even
    Tags: None

Re: google privacy rulings problems

Were they convicted or just accused ?

Comment

Of course people will try to abuse the 'right to be forgotten' rule but also that the right itself is not absolute. For example a request to reject the right to be forgotten could be made on the grounds that in Crazy Council's case, the person is in a public role and it would be in the public interest to justify the links being shown on google.

The removal of links only apply to Google UK however and does not apply any other Google affiliate so they should still show on other Google sites, unless they have now changed that.
      If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
      - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
      LEGAL DISCLAIMER
      Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

To be fair if you search my name ( and most names or things that sound like names) it comes up with the notice at the bottom so I don't think you can take the notice appearing as something has actually been removed under RTBF.
        Some results may have been removed under data protection law in Europe. Learn more
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hi
          [MENTION=30456]wales01man[/MENTION] both, its not just links to there crimes/accusations, its stuff that links there names to each othere.
          [MENTION=6]Amethyst[/MENTION] am trying to tune something to take out false positives, then remove all other links, so it just leaves a list of links that have been removed from the uk lists, for other software to analyze . ooo and sorry, i never ment to put this in the welcome forum, i thought i had VIPed it
          [MENTION=23709]rob[/MENTION] i didnt know you could do that, i will look into that....

its not the individuals or what they are trying to have removed that interest me, its the patterns, specifically the people connected to them, and other incidences or work related matters. that also have used the right to be removed/forgotten.

If i can get this working with lower bandwith/computing/time solution than current. it may be possible to run it against a large list of people, and do the opposite to what am doing ( i know the people/connections, and have looked for patterns ), ie look for the patterns to spot the people/links..
          crazy council ( as in local council,NELC ) as a member of the public, i don't get mad, i get even

Comment

Just to expand, when I mean other Google affiliates I mean outside of the EU, as the decision only affects EU member states. For example, www.google.com Should​ list those links
            If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
            - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
            LEGAL DISCLAIMER
            Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

yes google.com does, but further down the search lists, a lot further down. especially when just searching the names without further search terms

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X