• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Help with CPR please.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Help with CPR please.

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post

No harm in sending, at least it may give a clue as to what the claimant knows at best it'll settle the matter.

nem

Comment

Again, thanks for your advice. Do I send the SB letter to Hoist or Howard Cohen?

Comment

IMHO I would send to both, cross-referencing them.
        With proof of posting.
        [MENTION=55034]nemesis45[/MENTION] ? for another opinion?
        CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
        Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
        gets his brain a-going.
        Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
        The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Originally posted by Offthelip View Post
          Again, thanks for your advice. Do I send the SB letter to Hoist or Howard Cohen?
          Cohen.
          nem

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
            IMHO I would send to both, cross-referencing them.
            With proof of posting.
            @nemesis45 ? for another opinion?
            Good idea Charity!

nem
            Last edited by nemesis45; 20th March 2016, 09:42:AM.

Comment

Hi guys

I am a bit confused. I need to file my defence soon to be within the 33 days of the issuing of the claim. In reply to my cpr request Howard Cohen has said they will give me 14 days from when they find the documents required to file a defence. Please see details of this above. Part of me just wants to file the defence now as I think that they should have got the documentation in order before issuing the claim. But while writing the defense I am worried that it would not be looked on favourably that I did not wait for them and also would I be able to amend it if they did come up with any documentation? I am really stuck as to what to do. Please help.

Comment

Hi guys

I am a bit confused. I need to file my defence soon to be within the 33 days of the issuing of the claim. In reply to my cpr request Howard Cohen has said they will give me 14 days from when they find the documents required to file a defence. Please see details of this above. Part of me just wants to file the defence now as I think that they should have got the documentation in order before issuing the claim. But while writing the defense I am worried that it would not be looked on favourably that I did not wait for them and also would I be able to amend it if they did come up with any documentation? I am really stuck as to what to do. Please help.
                It is confusing certainly but the point to remember ( it's one that Cohen hopes you don't) is that whatever Cohen state about " on hold" etc. does not affect the court process Unless a formally agreed extension
                is in place and you have notified the court in writing of the extension.

You must complete each stage of the process as directed because if you don't Cohen can apply for judgement.

nem

Comment

Thank you Nem. I thought so. I will file it online today. Would I be able to email it to someone to have a quick look over before I send it?

Comment

Thank you Nem. I thought so. I will file it online today. Would I be able to email it to someone to have a quick look over before I send it?
                    Post here and we can go through it with you.

nem

Comment

You guys are amazing. I have copied what applies from the template but I also think that I need to use the fact that it is an old debt and I reckon Statue Barred.

1: I received the claim ********** from the Northampton County Court on 25/02/2015.

2: Each and every allegation in the Claimants statement of case is denied unless specifically admitted in this Defence.

3: This claim appears to be for an overdraft facility.

4: The Claimants statement of case fails to give adequate information to enable me to properly assess my position with regards the claim.

5. The particulars of claim fail to state when the agreement was entered into.

6. The Claimants statement of case states that the account was assigned from MKDP LLP (ex HSBC) to Hoist Portfolio Holding 2 Ltd. The Defendant does not recall receiving notice of this assignment.

7. On the 25/03/2016 I sent a request for inspection of documents mentioned in the claimant’s statement of case under Civil Procedure Rule 31.14 to Howard Cohen and Co. I requested the Claimant provide copies of the Notice of Assignment and terms and conditions.

8. Howard Cohen and Co has not sent any of these documents to me.

9. The Parties agreed to an extension to the time period allowed for filing of my defence under CPR 15.5 to allow the Claimants additional time to produce the relevant documentation to evidence their claim, however they have failed to do so.

13. Under Civil Procedure Rule 16.5 (4) where the claim includes a money claim, a defendant shall be taken to require that any allegation relating to the amount of money claimed be proved unless he expressly admits the allegation. Therefore it is expected that the Claimant be required to prove the allegation that the money is owed as claimed.

14. I request the court orders the Claimants to provide the necessary documentation in order for me to fully plead my case else the Claim should stand struck out.

15. In the event that the relevant documents are received from the Claimants I will then be in a position to amend my defence, and would ask that the Claimants bear the costs of the amendment.

16. It is denied that the Claimant is entitled to the relief as claimed or at all.

Statement of Truth

The Defendant believes that the facts stated in this Defence are true.

Signed …………………………………………

Dated .................................................. ....

Comment

You guys are amazing. I have copied what applies from the template but I also think that I need to use the fact that it is an old debt and I reckon Statue Barred.

1: I received the claim ********** from the Northampton County Court on 25/02/2015.

2: Each and every allegation in the Claimants statement of case is denied unless specifically admitted in this Defence.

3: This claim appears to be for an overdraft facility.

4: The Claimants statement of case fails to give adequate information to enable me to properly assess my position with regards the claim.

5. The particulars of claim fail to state when the agreement was entered into.

6. The Claimants statement of case states that the account was assigned from MKDP LLP (ex HSBC) to Hoist Portfolio Holding 2 Ltd. The Defendant does not recall receiving notice of this assignment.

7. On the 25/03/2016 I sent a request for inspection of documents mentioned in the claimant’s statement of case under Civil Procedure Rule 31.14 to Howard Cohen and Co. I requested the Claimant provide copies of the Notice of Assignment and terms and conditions.

8. Howard Cohen and Co has not sent any of these documents to me.

9. The Parties agreed to an extension to the time period allowed for filing of my defence under CPR 15.5 to allow the Claimants additional time to produce the relevant documentation to evidence their claim, however they have failed to do so.

13. Under Civil Procedure Rule 16.5 (4) where the claim includes a money claim, a defendant shall be taken to require that any allegation relating to the amount of money claimed be proved unless he expressly admits the allegation. Therefore it is expected that the Claimant be required to prove the allegation that the money is owed as claimed.

14. I request the court orders the Claimants to provide the necessary documentation in order for me to fully plead my case else the Claim should stand struck out.

15. In the event that the relevant documents are received from the Claimants I will then be in a position to amend my defence, and would ask that the Claimants bear the costs of the amendment.

16. It is denied that the Claimant is entitled to the relief as claimed or at all.

Statement of Truth

The Defendant believes that the facts stated in this Defence are true.

Signed …………………………………………

Dated .................................................. ....
                        By all means add in something like:

The defendant avers that the alleged debt which is the subject of this claim is statute barred under the provisions of the Limitation Act 1980, as no payment to or acknowledgment of the alleged debt has been made in over 6 years.

nem

Comment

Thankyou. So if I add that do you think the rest of the defence is ok? Also if I submit my defence via MCOL I don't need to send copies to anyone else?
                          Last edited by Offthelip; 22nd March 2016, 15:47:PM.

Comment

It has been 28 days, today, since I submitted my defence. I have checked MCOL and it has not been updated. I have had no further communication from HC. Do I speak to Northampton or just wait?

Comment

I have been sent a DQ. I still have not received any paperwork as my CPR request. Where do I stand. I don't want to go for mediation as I have no confirmation what the debt is. I am guessing I want it assigned to the small claims track? Manty thanks.

Comment

Please can someone help me with the DQ?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X