• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Cabot/restons vs capital one

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cabot/restons vs capital one

Hi all,

Just hoping for some advice please, got a letter from cabot stating they have bought the capital one credit card account £1599 and want paying, also got a letter from Restons threating court action so a sent a letter to cabot and restons for CCA request enclosing the £1 po. Recieved a letter back from restons (copy attached) saying they do not acknowlege recipt as it was unsigned and before i could reply back to restons they issued me with a court claim, also recieved letter back from cabot (copy attached) saying that i did not enclose the £1 po, but they said they would honour my CCA request, which i know i did i asked the lady behind the post office counter who gave me the po she said that i did put it in envelope and sealed it in front of her and my daughter was with me as well and she saw me put it in, and was wondering if i put it in restons CCA request instead of cabot but if they recieved it shouldnt they have passed it on to cabot, should i send another po or is it too late.
    Attached Files
    Tags: None

Re: Cabot/restons vs capital one

Originally posted by bmw2602 View Post
    Hi all,

Just hoping for some advice please, got a letter from cabot stating they have bought the capital one credit card account £1599 and want paying, also got a letter from Restons threating court action so a sent a letter to cabot and restons for CCA request enclosing the £1 po. Recieved a letter back from restons (copy attached) saying they do not acknowlege recipt as it was unsigned and before i could reply back to restons they issued me with a court claim, also recieved letter back from cabot (copy attached) saying that i did not enclose the £1 po, but they said they would honour my CCA request, which i know i did i asked the lady behind the post office counter who gave me the po she said that i did put it in envelope and sealed it in front of her and my daughter was with me as well and she saw me put it in, and was wondering if i put it in restons CCA request instead of cabot but if they recieved it shouldnt they have passed it on to cabot, should i send another po or is it too late.
    Do you have the PO receipt for the Postal Order?
    There is absolutely no reason not to sign these requests.
    This response to CCA requests from Cabot seems to becoming a regular event.
    Cabot " as a gesture of goodwill" has agreed to supply the agreement has it not?

Resend the CPR 31 .14 request signed to Restons.

nem
    Last edited by Kati; 19th February 2016, 10:36:AM.

Comment

Hi nem,

thanks for your reply, yes still have postal order receipt, yes cabot has agreed to the cca request but restons is not they are not happy, ok thanks will resend the CPR 31.14 to restons thankyou

Comment

Hi all,

Recieved a letter from restons a couple of days ago saying that the account is on hold (copy enclosed) but checked with the court the claim is not on hold it is still going, so i put in my defence and restons is not happy they sent me this letter (copy attached) heard nothing from cabot. writing the CPR 31.14 to restons now, thankyou
        Attached Files

Comment

Hi all,

Recieved a letter from restons a couple of days ago saying that the account is on hold (copy enclosed) but checked with the court the claim is not on hold it is still going, so i put in my defence and restons is not happy they sent me this letter (copy attached) heard nothing from cabot. writing the CPR 31.14 to restons now, thankyou
          An " On hold " statement from Restons or Cabot means nothing in relation to the progress of the claim through the court system.
          If you need more time you will need to contact Restons and ask them to agree to an extension ( Max 28 Days).

Did you send the postal order for £1 with the CCA?

nem

Comment

Hi nem,

Yes sent with the cca request recorded delivery, purchased postal order and put it straight in the envelope and sealed it at the po and gave to the assistant to post recorded for me.

Comment

Originally posted by nemesis45 View Post
              Do you have the PO receipt for the Postal Order?
              There is absolutely no reason not to sign these requests.
              This response to CCA requests from Cabot seems to becoming a regular event.
              Cabot " as a gesture of goodwill" has agreed to supply the agreement has it not?

Resend the CPR 31 .14 request signed to Restons.

nem
              Hi all,

Resent the CPR 31.14 to restons on the 19th feb not heard anything yet... just checked when they recieved my defence on the 20th jan the 28 days is now passed does this mean that it is stayed by the court if no response from cabot do i phone the court... not sure !
              Last edited by bmw2602; 25th February 2016, 10:12:AM.

Comment

Hi all,

Resent the CPR 31.14 to restons on the 19th feb not heard anything yet... just checked when they recieved my defence on the 20th jan the 28 days is now passed does this mean that it is stayed by the court if no response from cabot do i phone the court... not sure !
                Good morning,

You will have to check with the court by phone to see if the claim is stayed you are not notified when this happens.

There is some backlog in the courts which may delay processing.

nem

Comment

Hi All,

Recieved today a reply from cabot and from restons copy's attached, cabot claim that they made the request to restons to start claim on the 3rd dec and the court action had already begun before the 15th, but the court papers say it was started on the 22nd dec, do you think that is correct i wonder ! at least for the time being that legal action has been suspended and account on hold. not sure how and what to reply to restons regarding CPR 31.14 request. thankyou all in advance for your help.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Hi there, what happened next? I'm in a similar situation... thanks

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X