• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Why does Noddle accept the word of Vodafone over mine?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why does Noddle accept the word of Vodafone over mine?

Back in 2011 I entered into a dispute with Vodafone over the princely sum of £48.58. I emphatically insisted then, and still do, that I do not owe them this money, Whilst being harassed daily by a debt collection agency, I followed the procedure and wrote to Vodafone asking them to justify in writing why they believed I owe this sum. They never replied and I thought that was the end of it.

Last year I had cause to check out my Credit Score and signed up to Noddle. I was amazed to see this disputed sum as an ongoing default on my record. I sent Noddle a statement of correction stating that this sum is still in dispute which, when posted, improved my Noddle rating. But within a couple of months this statement had been removed, and thus my rating fell again.

I contacted Noddle and asked why it had been removed, and they simply said 'Because Vodafone say the sum is owed to them'.

I would like to know how Vodafone were able to put this on my record when it was still unproven and still in dispute, and why Noddle accepts the word of Vodafone over mine? Vodafone have not complied with the correct procedures and therefore should not be able to place this on my record.

This seems to imply that any of these big companies can register a default without any proof or any reference to the individual concerned.

(I would just say that this is the only disputed/outstanding payment I have had in my whole life. Everything else, loans, mortgages, credit cards etc all have 100% perfect repayment records.)
    Tags: None

Re: Why does Noddle accept the word of Vodafone over mine?

Challenge the accuracy of the default via the 4th Data Principal.

https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations...le-4-accuracy/

Also Grace v Blackhorse
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Maybe @Lee Vodafone Company Rep may be able to pop in and assist? I have sent him a message.
      Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

Thank you for the links, very interesting and helpful. It would seem that at the very least the CRAs should continue to display my statement of correction.

Comment

Maybe also [MENTION=62389]ExperianExperts[/MENTION] or [MENTION=52111]James Jones Experian[/MENTION] may be able to give you their CRA insights too
          Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

Hi Cosmic Eggie,

Thanks for making me aware of this.

So I can access your account to see what's happened, email me with your details via the Contact us form here.

To access the form you'll need to enter the code WRT135.

As well as stating your query in the question box, please also quote 'Legal Beagles'.

Once sent, you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. Post back with this so I can make sure I've got it.

Kind regards,

Lee

Social Media Operations

Vodafone UK
            I am an official company representative of Vodafone UK.

LegalBeagles has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help resolve issues.

This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by LegalBEAGLES.

Comment

Thank you Lee,

I have done this and reply reference number is WRT135 [#12705237]‏

Please let me know if you need any further details.

Comment

Hi Cosmic Eggie,

I've got your email and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

Kind regards,

Lee

Social Media Operations

Vodafone UK
                I am an official company representative of Vodafone UK.

LegalBeagles has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help resolve issues.

This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by LegalBEAGLES.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X