• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Anglian Windows / Home Improvements

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Anglian Windows / Home Improvements

Hi

Consrvatory & Double Glazing firms should always give you a separate insurance backed guarantee.

There are various schemes but I see on the Anglian website that they advertise the TUSTMARK scheme which is very good .

Make sure you have been issued with such a certificate from Anglian ( not just the standard one covering glass & roof which are really just manufacturer's guarantees) but a true TRUSTMARK certificate.

...and then perhaps follow enquiries via them

http://www.trustmark.org.uk/governme...ty-protection/

Turbs

ps--Chaz--in your post 12 above you have linked the PDF from your PC instead of uploading it as an attachment

Comment

Originally posted by Turboman View Post
      ps--Chaz--in your post 12 above you have linked the PDF from your PC instead of uploading it as an attachment
      Sorted!

Thanks, Turbs
      CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
      Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
      gets his brain a-going.
      Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
      The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Thank you all for your input.
        We removed Anglian from the job before they finished it (about 85% through), so they will not be supplying us with any guarantee whether it is Trustmark or manufacturers guarantee.
        Yes MSFEDUP - internal solicitor 'M.S'

Comment

I need some new advice please.

I have posted photographs of the works carried out on our home on Anglian's Facebook page and I have made factual and truthful comments about our unsatisfactory experience, today I have been contacted by Anglian's external solicitor to say that I need to remove all of my posts or it may hinder an out of court settlement (not that I have agreed to an out of court settlement). I feel threatened by the solicitor, which is nothing new as Anglian use very strong bully boy tactics all the time.

I am not the only customer of Anglian's to put photographs of unfinished or bad standard of work on Anglian's FB page, there are loads of people doing so.

I would consider it Freedom of Speech or allowed under the Human Rights Act, do they have a right to ask me to remove my posts, not make anymore?

Comment

It looks like their modus operandi is to intimidate people with scare tactics , my personal feeling is if its all factual - not embroidered, then you stick to your guns and say so.

But would it help to ask this question via Twitter ? at least it may embarrass them if nothing else. Also - he (PK of R&N, is it ?) is using the word '
            hinder', not ordering you to take it off...

what do others think .

Comment

I've only recently started a Twitter account and am not too sure how it works... once I get some more feedback I will look into it

Comment

Received reply from GGF for conciliation :-
                Details for Steve Lipscombe who deals with our conciliation & technical service.

Please send him an email with a copy of your contract, proof of payment/deposit and a breakdown of the dispute.

Email: Conciliation@ggf.org.uk

You can also contact Ben Wallace who deals with all independent site inspections.

You will need to email him with full details to consultancy@ggf.org.uk :

- Name
                - Address
                - Contact Number
                - Nature of Fault
                - Instillation Company

Comment

what do others think
                  After reading section 1 of the Defamation Act 2013, I would say any comments that hurt a business financially are, in my view, doing serious harm. However, the truth ought to be a complete defence to an action for defamation, so I suppose it depends on what is written and whether it is true.

This reminds me of a time when I attended court on an unrelated matter to defamation. The defendant had practically accused the claimant of fraud and included words such as deceive and conspiracy in his statement, but never the word fraud. The claimant's representative complained asking for the defendant and his witness to be punished with costs for unreasonable behaviour. The judge simply stared down at them, shook his head and pointing to the statement said 'I didn't read it like that'. The claimant won the case but did not get the costs he wanted.

Comment

hello,
                    I hope you still check this post.
                    What was the end resolution?
                    What did Anglian do?

Thanks...

Comment

Hi,

Can anyone help me with their experiences with Anglian Home Improvements. We are going through a very stressful situation with them.

My husband and I signed a contract to build a conservatory with Anglian on the 3rd of September 2019 and paid a £999 deposit.

During the meeting, we were informed by the sales person repeatedly that we could cancel the agreement at any point before a survey appointment. Based on this assurance we paid the deposit and signed the document. We would have not paid the deposit had we been clearly made aware of the cancellation policy and high cancellation costs.

Due to personal circumstances, we cancelled the contract 3 weeks later (on the 24th of September 2019) by emailing the cancellations email address that was provided when we called the customer support line. I then chased a response and finally received one mid December 2019.

On 23rd of March 2019 we received a letter from Anglian threatening to issue a county court claim against us due to “Breach of Contract".

QUOTE: “We refer you to Clause 9(a) of our terms and conditions, which state that if a contract is cancelled outside the 7 day cancelled outside the cooling off period but prior to commencing of the survey, the purchaser becomes liable for %25 of the contract price." (25% of £27,500 = £5,876)

We were completely misled by the sales person. We would have never proceeded signing a contract if we had known that we’ll be liable for 25% of the overall contract price. We were taking a loan to be able to do the contract in the first place so I don’t know how they expect us to pay 25%.

Has anyone has success in court or mediation? Can they jump straight to CCJ? Can anyone recommend a lawyer.

Any advice would be gratefully received.

Comment

Hi and welcome

The pair of you who were present at the meeting should write statements of exactly what was said by the salesman.
                        Both of you should write your statements independently without any conferring at all, because if it goes to court it will become very obvious by looking your statements If you have conferred (even if you think they look independently written).
                        You want as much detail as possible including who said what to who and why and when

Let them take you to court, They can only charge what they've ACTUALLY lost, by the sounds of it, nothing has even been done yet - no losses

The term should be classed as unfair (see Consumer Rights Act 2015 Schedule 2 paras 4 , 5 & 6 http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/...dule/2/enacted

Anglian Windows are mentioned unfavourably in numerous posts in forums foe a bullying attitude, so be prepared for all sorts of contacts.

I would write pointing out the unfairness of that term within the contract, remind them what the salesman told you and ask for the return of your deposit as you consider the salesman varied the terms of the contract as written regarding cancellation
                        Tell them that all future communications MUST be in writing only

I'm also asking for your post and this response be moved to a new thread (please Amethyst )

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                        Working...
                        X