• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Help with Lowell! Fredericksons/ Brian Carter CCJ

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with Lowell! Fredericksons/ Brian Carter CCJ

Hello everyone, first time posting here so bare with me!

I would just like to know where I stand with this debt.
    It was originally a 3 mobile contract back in 2008, I can't fully remember how I ended up owing money but I think it was an early disconection charge, although I remover it being in the finally month.

3 did write to me way back then regarding which I ignored as I believed the money shouldn't have to be paid.

A few years past 2010 maybe, when Lowell started sending letters £330 owed. I also ignored these and I never heard anything else. However, after checking my credit report last month there is a ccj registered in Jan 2014 from Lowell regarding this account, I rang Lowell who said it was fredricksons now, even though I've never being told, after speaking to them they say it now lies with Brian Carter.

I have never gotten a letter from either of the latter two. Although I moved, I didn't get court papers to my new or old address to which all three companies have my current address after asking them.
    The amount BC are asking for now is £541 although the CCJ is for 468 and the court have confirmed this.
    Where do I stand with this now please! And thank you in advance!
    Last edited by Ozwright44; 10th February 2016, 10:29:AM.
    Tags: None

Re: Help with Lowell! Fredericksons/ Brian Carter

Hi again, please can someone help with this, would I be able to offer Brian Carter a F&F payment?
    Much appreciated as I want to get this sorted today if possible !

Comment

Re: Help with Lowell! Fredericksons/ Brian Carter CCJ

Hi there.
      Firstly pay nothing until you have an original invoice from three!!!
      Without this you owe nothing as it could be bogus.
      I suspect three will not be able too produce this invoice.
      If this is the case you are not legally obliged to settle this.
      However the ccj seems odd as usually enforcement is court appointed.
      It is possible too contest a ccj but it's about £150.
      Three a renowned for this type of action, be aware of your rights.
      Most debt companies are OK to deal with but be honest and respectful that helps when dealing with them.
      So don't forget to ask for proof of invoice

Comment

Hi welcome to LB

Ignoring invoices from telephone service providers as you know no
        is unwise.

The £541 will include court costs and solicitors fees.

You have two choices contact Carter and make an offer of payment ( which there is no guarantee of acceptance} or
        making an application to have the judgement set aside the cost of the application is £155.00.
        The grounds for set aside would be that you did not receive the claim as it was sent to a address.

However showing that you would have a defence to the claim that has a " reasonable " chance of success is
        going to be more difficult in my opinion, ignoring the debt because " you believe the money shouldn't be paid".,
        is not going to impress a judge.
        nem

Comment

Hi guys, thanks for the advice.
          I have spoke to BC and managed to settle the account for 398. The CCJ is being marked as satisfied and the original debt is marked as partially satisfied although that is no longer on my CR so all sorted.
          Thank you !

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X