• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Please help. HMRC Corporation Tax debt

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help. HMRC Corporation Tax debt

Received a call earlier which didn't connect but I've checked the number online and it turns out to be a company called Akinika.

I believe that they collect on behalf of HMRC.

Coincidentally, the last payment I made to them was this morning before they called. Before that was 15th January.

I don't particularly want to deal with these people. I have a serious operation on Wednesday which will be minimum 2 weeks convalescence.

Should I just ignore these people? Bearing in mind that they have the home address and we do keep some stock at home and the fact that they have threatened bailiffs, what should I do?

I don't want them coming around pulling the wool over my partner's eyes whilst I am away. In fact, I don't particularly want them around at all.

Interestingly in an early conversation, hey asked me to ask friend's or family to lend me the money. according to our accountant, that is illegal for them to do that as we are a limited company and the debt is not a personal debt.

Our accountant was supposed to call HMRC in December to discuss the account with them but he failed to do so. He is pretty useless and is soon going to be kicked into touch.
    Tags: None

Re: Please help. HMRC Corporation Tax debt

So HMRC can send bailiffs without a court order ... however you have already made an arrangement with HMRC haven't you? You really need to get your accountant to get his finger out his bottom and speak to HMRC, if he can do that this week it will take a weight off you while you have more important things to worry about. They should recall the debt from Akinika.

You can complain to the FCA about Aninika's comments about borrowing off family/friends as yes it is against the rules. Don't expect anything to happen, but it will go on a list and one day they might have enough on the list to warrant doing something.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

No. No arrangement has been made with HMRC. They have point blank refused time to pay on the basis that we've had time to pay for the last 2 years (since Amazon started playing silly buggers)!

It was HMRC that said I should try to borrow money from relatives or friends not Akinika. How's that for professionalism?

I cannot remember who said it but I suppose if I called them I could find out when they last made contact and somehow use that against them?

Thought I was going to be out of hospital by tomorrow but they're keeping me in until Sunday now after I was seriously ill last night.

Damn! They managed to keep me alive...

Comment

Good ! Just don't let this be stressing you out. Just keep paying the odd bits when you can and then tell Aninka you are doing so.
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

I am trying to pay £100 a week off the debt but lapsed over Xmas and first half of Jan.

We can only pay what we can pay.

To be clear, if they don't need a warrant then presumably you are not obliged to let them in?

Comment

Just a quick update to advise that I received a call from HMRC's Debt Collectors 5 minutes as I was walking into a hospital for an operation. Obviously, I recognised the number and didn't answer.

Whilst convalescing in my hospital bed, I actually called them and spoke openly to them. What a breath of fresh air!

The guy told me not to worry and asked me to call back by 11th March. He said at that point he would take £5 off me and put it on hold for another month and he would be able to keep doing this until June when he would then have to get me to enter into a 12 month payment plan.

I said to him it wouldn't have had to come to this if only HMRC had themselves agreed to a payment plan back in December 2014 which they blatantly refused to do on the basis that we had had time to pay on 2 or 3 previous occasions.

It just shows you what a shower HMRC really are. Bullying small business owners instead of taking on the likes of Amazon, Costa, Google, Starbucks, etceteras, etceteras.

That is just ONE weight off my fried mind!

Comment

Originally posted by Rhothgar View Post
              Just a quick update to advise that I received a call from HMRC's Debt Collectors 5 minutes as I was walking into a hospital for an operation. Obviously, I recognised the number and didn't answer.

Whilst convalescing in my hospital bed, I actually called them and spoke openly to them. What a breath of fresh air!

The guy told me not to worry and asked me to call back by 11th March. He said at that point he would take £5 off me and put it on hold for another month and he would be able to keep doing this until June when he would then have to get me to enter into a 12 month payment plan.

I said to him it wouldn't have had to come to this if only HMRC had themselves agreed to a payment plan back in December 2014 which they blatantly refused to do on the basis that we had had time to pay on 2 or 3 previous occasions.

It just shows you what a shower HMRC really are. Bullying small business owners instead of taking on the likes of Amazon, Costa, Google, Starbucks, etceteras, etceteras.

Hello Rothgar,

It proves there are some people in HMRC who do understand more than the standard " Computer Says No".

nem

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Rhothgar View Post

Hello Rothgar,

It proves there are some people in HMRC who do understand more than the standard " Computer Says No".

nem

Comment

Nem

It wasn't HMRC. It was Akinika, their external debt collectors and not their internal ones. The internal ones don't care. Computer definitely says NO!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X