• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Secured Loan, Welcome Finance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Secured Loan, Welcome Finance

That's what I thought, made sure I put in that the postal order was for that purpose only as they did this once before.
    Can you answer @ Ruby re her question about property land?
    Never give up, Never surrender.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruby View Post
      Well, well,...........

Just received in post a 'CCA'

Fixed sum loan agreement regulated by the Consumer Credit Act 1974 secured on (our property address)

First customer (Husbands name) they have printed wrong number on house address and then scored it out by hand and written the right on!
      Second customer (my details) with correct address.

The CCA complies of one single sheet of paper, one sided and completely illegible in places. No T & C's ........

Any thoughts guys? I need to obviously reply back to them
      Hello

Can we see a copy of the agreement please.

nem

- - - Updated - - -

Well, well,...........

Fixed sum loan agreement regulated by the Consumer Credit Act 1974 secured on (our property address)

First customer (Husbands name) they have printed wrong number on house address and then scored it out by hand and written the right on!

The CCA complies of one single sheet of paper, one sided and completely illegible in places. No T & C's ........

Hello DT,

nem

- - - Updated - - -

Well, well,...........

Hello DT,

nem

Comment

I asked for [MENTION=4027]Ruby[/MENTION] as it is her thread.
        Originally posted by nemesis45 View Post
        Hello

nem

- - - Updated - - -

Hello DT,

nem

- - - Updated - - -

Hello DT,

nem

Comment

I will do my best to copy and post the one sided piece of paper they call the 'CCA'. The problem is that I will obviously have to score out my personal details which will defeat the purpose is some ways as they have scored out our address and corrected it by hand.

Are hand corrected mistakes permissible in a CCA agreement?

Comment

Here is the 'CCA'.

Sorry for the delay, I have been battling a chest infection.

I would really appreciate any comments. This is literally ALL that was sent. On the page it reads 'please refer overleaf' so why did they not send the whole 'agreement'?
            Attached Files

Comment

Tagging [MENTION=55034]nemesis45[/MENTION]

Comment

Bump please

Comment

[MENTION=42011]Nem[/MENTION]asis45 (again)
                  How can that be a CCA?

Bump please

Comment

If they haven't sent the T&C's as at inception of the agreement, plus any subsequent variations, they haven't properly complied with the request.
                    Should they send T&C's, ensure that they are the correct version (ie the one that was applicable at the time of the agreement).
                    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                    gets his brain a-going.
                    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

• Re: Secured Loan, Welcome Finance

any update @Bazza - @dogtired?

The more we share our stories the better. I really could do with the moral support just now and to know that I am not the only one going through this process with Welcome

Comment

Apart from the letter giving themselves eight weeks no, not sure if that for the original letter or the CCA request.
                        However (apart form Name address etc.) the ones they have supplied in the past are identical to yours!
                        N

any update @Bazza - @dogtired?

The more we share our stories the better. I really could do with the moral support just now and to know that I am not the only one going through this process with Welcome

Comment

I also see that the APR is variable on your fixed-loan agreement - Is that correct ?

Comment

the ones they have supplied in the past are identical to yours! - Lol, are they a one man band ? That is surprising.

I also see that the APR is variable on your fixed-loan agreement - Is that correct? - come to think of it Bazza that doesn't sound right ........

Comment

the ones they have supplied in the past are identical to yours! - Lol, are they a one man band ? That is surprising.

I also see that the APR is variable on your fixed-loan agreement - Is that correct? - come to think of it Bazza that doesn't sound right ........
                              Ruby, you need to be asking Welcome that as I believe in the past others have had their agreements / legal charge revoked as unenforceable.

Maybe others who have experienced this may add further.

Good Luck

Comment

Originally posted by Bazza View Post
                                I also see that the APR is variable on your fixed-loan agreement - Is that correct ?

Originally posted by Bazza View Post
                                Ruby, you need to be asking Welcome that as I believe in the past others have had their agreements / legal charge revoked as unenforceable.

Maybe others who have experienced this may add further.

Good Luck
                                Loan interest rates can be variable & based on BBR, LIBOR, or SVR (But check T&Cs)

For example (Acenden)

Variable Base Rates

Unless your mortgage is currently in a period where a fixed interest rate applies (see Product Types above), the calculation of your interest rate typically involves the use of a variable base rate. Your interest rate will be recalculated at regular periods throughout the life of your mortgage or loan. The following are examples of variable base rates that lenders use:
                                • Bank of England Base Rate (BBR) – This is the rate the Bank of England sets every month and publicly announces.
                                • London Inter Bank Offered Rate (LIBOR) – This is the rate at which banks borrow funds from each other in London. As there is more than one LIBOR, it is important to check your mortgage terms and conditions or loan agreement to be sure which LIBOR your mortgage or loan is set against. If you require further information regarding the setting of LIBOR you may wish to visit the British Banking Association’s Website at www.bba.org.uk
                                • Standard Variable Rate (SVR) – This rate is set by your lender and moves up or down at the lender’s discretion. The lender’s decision may include consideration of changes in the BBR or LIBOR.

Current Variable Base Rates

0.59% effective from 1st March 2016 0.50% effective from 1st March 2009 2.79% effective from 1st March 2010
                                Lenders apply changes in interest rate from the date the change becomes effective, the effective date of the most recent change is shown above. If a change affects you, it will be reflected in your next contractual monthly instalment after the change.
                                Product Margin – The interest rate applicable to your mortgage or loan may be comprised of a base rate, such as BBR or LIBOR or a lender’s SVR, plus a product margin (e.g. SVR + 2%). The product margin is fixed and would have been based on the products the lender had available at the time your lender offered your mortgage.

https://www.acenden.com/customer/my-...interest-rates
                                CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                                Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                                gets his brain a-going.
                                Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                                The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X