• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Going to court against PRA in 2 days

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Going to court against PRA in 2 days

Originally posted by Auntie07 View Post
    Hi I am in court tomorrow.

Wondered if anyone saw my post yesterday? I think the default notice in compliant so i am now struggling with preparing my defence. Solicitors also sent me a copy of their costs i will receive after the court hearing.

Please can anyone help me

thanks
    There is no simple way out here!

From what you have said so far you have now received the documents the claimants
    intends to rely on in court.

One can only guess if these are compliant / enforceable without having seen them.
    What exactly would have been you defence to the original claim?
    At the moment you need to show that a defence has a reasonable chance of success
    given the documents described my feeling is that there is no defence.

It seems unfair though that the documents were only supplied a couple of days
    prior to the hearing.

I wold suggest the safest way out of this is to contact the solicitors asap an make an
    affordable offer of payment secured by a consent order which stays the claim as long
    as agreed payments are maintained. NO CCJ is registered.

nem

Comment

Hi

A ccj has been registered! thats my reason to go to court, i cannot work in my field with the ccj hanging over me. My defence would have been to prove the debt etc. Also as i am unemployed they would not except what i could offer to pay & i thought a judge wouldn't let them try to force me into big payments if i had to pay? It is too late now to contact solicitor as i am in court tomorrow at 2pm.

thanks for your help, greatly appreciated.

Comment

How much is the claim/CCJ for?
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Was £4400 but has now gone up.

Comment

If this is an application to set aside it sounds like you need to cut your losses and withdraw your claim before the hearing starts
            If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
            - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
            LEGAL DISCLAIMER
            Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

this is not possible now as i am in court tomorrow at 2pm. they also didnt supply these documents till late last week & then again this week.
              will they be allowed to send debt collectors to my house after this?

Comment

To be able to collect you must lose tomorrow and then they have to take further action against you.

Comment

does that mean balliffs? people have said, i cant win at this stage.?

Comment

You can withdraw your claim before the hearing although they may try to recover some costs for unreasonableness but your defence would be they unreasonably provided documents 2 days before court.

Your choice I would call the court first thing and say you wish to withdraw, or potentially face more costs.
                    If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
                    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
                    LEGAL DISCLAIMER
                    Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

if i do that, PRA may send debt collectors round & may try to get more money than i can afford at his time. Also it doesnt help that i cannot work because of the ccj? is there still no point going, just so the judge can set the payment etc?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X