• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Defendant has not provided skeleton argument

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Defendant has not provided skeleton argument

Hi

Have an ongoing discrimination case, I am a disabled litigant in person and have a quick question.

The defendant was told to file and serve any additional evidence, submissions or skeleton argument by last Friday. They haven't done so.

Because of my disability I will not be able to process their verbal agrument minus evidence, written argumentsetc in the hearing without multiple stops and help from the Personal Support Unit. the cost to the court will be considerable because of this.

Is this a breach of CPR/directions? What can I do to counter this behaviour?

Thanks JinnyD
    Tags: None

Re: Defendant has not provided skeleton argument

Originally posted by JinnyD View Post
    Hi

Have an ongoing discrimination case, I am a disabled litigant in person and have a quick question.

The defendant was told to file and serve any additional evidence, submissions or skeleton argument by last Friday. They haven't done so.

Because of my disability I will not be able to process their verbal agrument minus evidence, written argumentsetc in the hearing without multiple stops and help from the Personal Support Unit. the cost to the court will be considerable because of this.

Is this a breach of CPR/directions? What can I do to counter this behaviour?

Thanks JinnyD
    The court has a duty to make reasonable adjustments as per Equality Act 2010, Human Rights Act 1998. Inform the court this, ie speak to the court staff. Explain the nature of your disability or its impediment or effect in terms of processing verbal information, please.

Comment

Hi, you say the defendant was " told " to file, was this a court/tribunal order.

nem

Comment

Thanks, will do.

- - - Updated - - -

Court order, it's a services claim against a public body.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X