• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowells - notice on credit file

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowells - notice on credit file

Hello

Yesterday my daughter discovered that LOWELLS had put three notices on her credit report!! :wub:

The notices (all the same but different dates) stated that they had done three credit checks for her brother. It came under the heading people associated with you.

She has tried to get a straight answer from Experian as to why she is associated with him, and have LOWELLS actually looked at her credit file too or just put the notices on.

She spoke to the ICO and they said she should not be "associated" just because he is her brother. She has never had any financial connections with him whatsoever. The ICO stated that "just because they share the same DNA that does not make the associated (his words not mine!!) They told her to ring LOWELLS and ask for an explanation as to why she had been put on as being associated with him.

Well the JERK at LOWELLS said that they don't make a financial connection the Credit Report Agency does (B______T) and not to worry as no one could see it as it was just a soft search and would drop off eventually. She said that's not the point they shouldn't be doing it and will they do it again in the future (OK that wasn't exactly the language she used!!!!) Bottom line is they have no right to do it according the ICO and are in breach of Principle 1.

Rang ICO and they stated to email Experian and ask them if they had put on a financial connection (I doubt that very much) ICO said they only report on what they are given by lenders etc and it seems that LOWELLS had just put it on (and maybe even searched her credit report) to see if they could trace him.

ICO told her to email them & Experian again and establish just who has made this so-called connection.

Has anyone else come across this and does anyone have a current email address.
    Thanks
    Tags: None

Re: Lowells - notice on credit file

You need to raise a Formal Complaint with Andrew Bartle the chief operating officer at the Lowell group.

It is true that soft ( tracing ) searches are not seen by others legitimately searching files, but to make numerous
    and / or frequent searches is wrong.

A few years ago when I was assist someone with problems with a DCA, the DCA took on themselves to make 24
    searches as they were then called " table 2 " searches on my credit files my only link to said person was as an advisor.

I complained formally and after a short bout of letter tennis I received a cheque for £500 for " my trouble".

The credit reference agencies have to rely on what data is provided by creditors and DCA alike they have no way
    of checking the data provided, queries and complaints about data on credit files needs to be taken up with the
    company that provided the data to the agencies.

Any Formal Complaint should be in writing and sent by signed for post, so you have a written record of posting
    and can check delivery.

nem

Comment

Hi pam56,
      I have the same problem. Lowells had done about 6 soft searches on my name. But they were different, some using my middle name as surname, some using my 1st name as surname. I rang equifax and complained, they said they will check and remove it. But it's been there since 2014, .
      I know it's wrong, and needed to be stopped. Donno what's the best way to do it.
      Complaint hasn't done anything yet to me.

Comment

Originally posted by kazz04 View Post
        Hi pam56,
        I have the same problem. Lowells had done about 6 soft searches on my name. But they were different, some using my middle name as surname, some using my 1st name as surname. I rang equifax and complained, they said they will check and remove it. But it's been there since 2014, .
        I know it's wrong, and needed to be stopped. Donno what's the best way to do it.
        Complaint hasn't done anything yet to me.
        Hi Kazz.

See my last post!

nem

Comment

Hi nem, yes I understand, . I should complain to the dca who done the soft searches.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X