• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

dbs referral letter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dbs referral letter

Hi there

i resigned from my place of employment 8 months ago because i felt was being used as a scapegoat for the poor performance of the nursery in the council

We were shortstaffed and i was supervising several children and didnt act immediately when a child informed me of a dispute with another(safe guarding)

I was suspended and kept chasing for an investigation and hearing. This lasted for 3 months and the nursery was closed down for various mismanagement issues. I still pursued a date for my hearing with the caretakers but was told it could happen in September because of all the council restructuring(4mths) I decided to resign giving 30 days notice stating the reasons for resignation, stress, caused by the unnecessary delay, my wellbeing etc I still insisted in having a hearing during my notice period because I was keen on clearing my name.(documents with me)

Sadly there was no date till end of september /october(7 weeks after my resignation date) My union rep advised it was better not to push for the hearing and just go peacefully.

I found another job and I love where i am and also enjoys what i am doing. I was upfront with the agency who got me the job and my dbs checks came back without any issues. I was surprised to receive a letter from them(dbs) today stating the locan cal authority made a referral. I am now concerned this will affect my current employment despite the fact that it states i continue working. I am thinking about resigning and telling my current employers about the referral letter because I am not sure if they would be contacted at some point in the future.

A friend asked me to wait till they get back to me first before making myself unemployed. I am also thinking about changing careers because i went through a difficult period last year and doesnt want to live in uncertainty. I love my job and is dedicated but i don't really know where i stand i.e. inform my current employer who i have worked with for 5 months, resign and still tell the why i am resigning or just waiting for the final response even though i am persuaded i wont be barred

Any advice will be appreciated.

Thanks
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X