• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Plusnet failed to close my old phoneline and now I have a bill from old provider

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plusnet failed to close my old phoneline and now I have a bill from old provider

I am trying to find out my legal position with regard to a phone bill from my old phone provider. Any advice would be gratefully received.

Plusnet told me they had "ported" my number from Virgin as I had arranged with them to do ( I still have their text from the 12th December confirming that it had been done ). They hadn't - the old line was still active and Plusnet had in fact given me a new line with a new number ( without telling me about the new number, or telling me I had to unplug my phone and use a different invisible phone socket they had installed along with the new modem ).

Virgin say I have to pay their bill for another month's line rental plus the calls I made ( I used their line because there was still a dialling tone, so I didn't realise I was making the calls through Virgin ). They say that even though I asked them to close the account on the 12th of December, they were waiting for Plusnet to "port" the number over and could not close the account until this had been done.

Plusnet customer services have not been helpful about this so far - the person I "chatted" to through their website ( phone calls so far have involved an hour on hold before getting through ) claimed Virgin were "blocking" them and were lying to me.

Someone at Plusnet has messed up and they don't want to take the responsibility.
    They still haven't transferred the new number even though I have asked them again to do this - so I still have two active accounts.
    Tags: None

Re: Plusnet failed to close my old phoneline and now I have a bill from old provider

Hi and welcome,
    I just wondered if you had cable with Virgin as it does say on Plusnet site.
    you'll need to contact them to cancel any services that you no longer require.
    Did they pre warn you that you couldn't use your old number ?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X