• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Getting calls, stoped Payment to Robinson Way,do i tell them I am sending over a CCA

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting calls, stoped Payment to Robinson Way,do i tell them I am sending over a CCA

Hi all,

**Sorry i think I may have placed this post in the wrong forum**

I am planning to post out CCA letters to Robinson Way for credit card, PRA - no clue why im paying them i cant remember and Idem (unsecured loan) all collecting regular payments from me for debts passed onto them.

I was advised to stop payments and send out letters, I havent done it for all of them but I stopped one payment to Robinson Way for £5 per month they have no text me asking to call in and make a payment over the phone.

Do i call them and say i have stopped it as I am sending out a CCA? What is the best way to handle this procedure?
    Tags: None

Re: Getting calls, stoped Payment to Robinson Way,do i tell them I am sending over a

Don't phone if you must contact them by post if you send a CCA request they must realise why your payment has stopped

Comment

Re: Getting calls, stoped Payment to Robinson Way,do i tell them I am sending over a

ok thanks I will get the CCA letters out asap and wait to see what happens.

Comment

Originally posted by shibets View Post
        Hi all,

**Sorry i think I may have placed this post in the wrong forum**

I am planning to post out CCA letters to Robinson Way for credit card, PRA - no clue why im paying them i cant remember and Idem (unsecured loan) all collecting regular payments from me for debts passed onto them.

I was advised to stop payments and send out letters, I havent done it for all of them but I stopped one payment to Robinson Way for £5 per month they have no text me asking to call in and make a payment over the phone.

Do i call them and say i have stopped it as I am sending out a CCA? What is the best way to handle this procedure?
        Hell Shibets,
        I don't know who advised stopping payments, it's not
        wise as you could soon have a court claim issued.

The way to go about this is to send the CCA first.
        Idem is another debt purchaser so the debt has it
        seems been sold on to the PRA group of which RW
        is a part.
        Agreement or no agreement the debt exists, what
        are you hoping to achieve?

nem

nem

Comment

I am hoping once I send out CCA to the DCA companies I will find out whether they have agreements making it enforceable or not, hopefully to give me leverage to a reduced F&F with either dca or directly with the original company.

Is this the right way to go about it? My understanding is if they cannot provide the original credit agreements then I should not pay the DCA and wait to get a response from the original lenders to resolve the debt?

I should probably set the monthly plan with robinson way again and then start CCA procedure to avoid any further complications.

Comment

so i have re-set my standing orders and called robinsons way to find out what account I am paying for as i had two DD set with them, one is for an aqua card and the other for my natwest account so at least got some clarity. Next step is CCA letters

can someone please tell me if i am doing things right and if the outcomes of a cca is worth me doing this?

Comment

I am hoping once I send out CCA to the DCA companies I will find out whether they have agreements making it enforceable or not, hopefully to give me leverage to a reduced F&F with either dca or directly with the original company.

Is this the right way to go about it? My understanding is if they cannot provide the original credit agreements then I should not pay the DCA and wait to get a response from the original lenders to resolve the debt?

I should probably set the monthly plan with robinson way again and then start CCA procedure to avoid any further complications.
              This can lead very quickly to claims being issued if payments are arbitrarily stopped, obviously far more stressful and difficult to resolve.
              Get CCA requests done first.

The idea of just stopping payments was once recommended elsewhere I think, but times and case law have change the CCA strategy as
              a creditor ( DCA) can produce a " reconstituted " agreement to satisfy the CCA request and support a court claim.

nem

Comment

thanks nem,

I have re-set payments for now, can you tell me whether I am going forward with things in the right manner, first see if it is enforceable by DCA companies then wait to be contacted by the main lenders i took the agreement out with?

Is CCA the right way to then negotiate lower F&F settlements OR if it is not enforceable do i just leave it at that?

Comment

Hi everyone,

So i have received a couple of replies from my CCA Request, I am unsure what the next step is and whether the replies indicate a good sign or if they are fobbing me off?

Robinson Way have said "Following your request, we have today asked for a copy of the agreement/statement to verify that you are liable to pay the amount due. You account has been placed on hold temporarily pending receipt of this documentation and we will contact you again in due course." signed customer manager

Idem have said "thank you for you recent letter received on March 1st 2016 requesting information under section 77 of the CCA act 1974 in respoect of the above account. We will endevour to provide the requisite information within the next 12 days. Signed Case Handle/Concillator

I posted the CCA out on the 24th of feb, so i have received a reply within 7 days, do I wait with both accounts for another 12 days?

What am I suppose to do now? Continue paying and wait on replies no matter how long it takes? Or do I send out another letter after the 12+2 days? I have been told sometimes it could takes months or years if the DCA doesnt have the right paper work and is waiting on it from the OC

Comment

Hi everyone,

So i have received a couple of replies from my CCA Request, I am unsure what the next step is and whether the replies indicate a good sign or if they are fobbing me off?

Robinson Way have said "Following your request, we have today asked for a copy of the agreement/statement to verify that you are liable to pay the amount due. You account has been placed on hold temporarily pending receipt of this documentation and we will contact you again in due course." signed customer manager

Idem have said "thank you for you recent letter received on March 1st 2016 requesting information under section 77 of the CCA act 1974 in respoect of the above account. We will endevour to provide the requisite information within the next 12 days. Signed Case Handle/Concillator

I posted the CCA out on the 24th of feb, so i have received a reply within 7 days, do I wait with both accounts for another 12 days?

What am I suppose to do now? Continue paying and wait on replies no matter how long it takes? Or do I send out another letter after the 12+2 days? I have been told sometimes it could takes months or years if the DCA doesnt have the right paper work and is waiting on it from the OC
                    Hi,

Standard replies, debt purchasers only have the barest minimum of information provided when they buy portfolios of debts, meaning that that have to request agreements from the original creditors.

The 12 + 2 Working days timescale if not met renders the debt unenforceable until the agreement is provided.

So it is a "wait and see " moment.

Negotiating F& F settlements if it gets to that stage need to carefully worded otherwise one could easily end up with an outstanding balance sold on to another party starting the whole thing over again.

nem

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X