• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

volantary termination of PCP Agreement

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• volantary termination of PCP Agreement

I know this topic has been covered many times on this forum, as I have read through a good many of them! I did not feel it appropriate to hijack an existing thread.

Based on the information that I have gained, I have written the following letter which I intend to send to my finance company in the next few days. (Please see attached)

I would be very interested in constructive comments about the content of my letter. Is this suitable for an initial contact with the finance company and is it legally sound?

I have obviously redacted information that could identify me from the letter, to help with that: The amount I will have paid as of the next payment is greater than the 50% figure which was specified in the agreement. The proposed postage date will be 21 days before the date that I intend to return the vehicle which will be 18 days after the final payment will be made. The total mileage is under the maximum figure specified in the contract, it is also under the 12,000/ Annum UK average even after taking into account a pro rata for early return. However, the total mileage is about 2000 miles over the pro rata figure based on the contract maximum of 10,000 PA. The Dealership that I propose to return the car to is the one that I got the car from originally.

The reason I wish to terminate early is that the current market value of the vehicle is somewhat below the final payment amount due at full term. I do not wish to part exchange this vehicle so keeping it will either mean not driving it for 3.5 months (while still paying the finance) in order to avoid excess mileage charges (not an option) or to pay around £1000 in order to surrender the vehicle at the end of term with excess mileage and nothing to show for it. It obviously makes much more sense for me to hand the car back now under section 99 and make alternative arrangements to replace the vehicle with one more suited to my current circumstances. I have a new job that requires a higher average mileage, which is why I have exceeded the original quota (pro rata). I would also like something more comfortable now I am driving much longer distances.

Your views on this are welcome.

TeeJay
    Attached Files
    Tags: None

Re: volantary termination of PCP Agreement

Originally posted by teejay1966 View Post
    I know this topic has been covered many times on this forum, as I have read through a good many of them! I did not feel it appropriate to hijack an existing thread.

Based on the information that I have gained, I have written the following letter which I intend to send to my finance company in the next few days. (Please see attached)

I would be very interested in constructive comments about the content of my letter. Is this suitable for an initial contact with the finance company and is it legally sound?

I have obviously redacted information that could identify me from the letter, to help with that: The amount I will have paid as of the next payment is greater than the 50% figure which was specified in the agreement. The proposed postage date will be 21 days before the date that I intend to return the vehicle which will be 18 days after the final payment will be made. The total mileage is under the maximum figure specified in the contract, it is also under the 12,000/ Annum UK average even after taking into account a pro rata for early return. However, the total mileage is about 2000 miles over the pro rata figure based on the contract maximum of 10,000 PA. The Dealership that I propose to return the car to is the one that I got the car from originally.

The reason I wish to terminate early is that the current market value of the vehicle is somewhat below the final payment amount due at full term. I do not wish to part exchange this vehicle so keeping it will either mean not driving it for 3.5 months (while still paying the finance) in order to avoid excess mileage charges (not an option) or to pay around £1000 in order to surrender the vehicle at the end of term with excess mileage and nothing to show for it. It obviously makes much more sense for me to hand the car back now under section 99 and make alternative arrangements to replace the vehicle with one more suited to my current circumstances. I have a new job that requires a higher average mileage, which is why I have exceeded the original quota (pro rata). I would also like something more comfortable now I am driving much longer distances.

Your views on this are welcome.

TeeJay
    Letter is fine, noted that you mis-spelt wear, you have said ware instead. I would also personally leave out the mileage part because if it contravenes what your agreement says and you have surpassed this, then it will give them ammunition to claw back any additional amounts especially as you say that the vehicle is over the pro-rata'd amount. Keep it as a response to anything they come back with.

Other than that it is fine to send, and make sure to take photos before you hand the vehicle back.2
    If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    LEGAL DISCLAIMER
    Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Re: volantary termination of PCP Agreement

In addition to this, can anybody help me. I am looking to VT my Mercedes but have missed two services due to being banned. I have however only done 15K miles in 3 years because of this. I am getting it serviced before I hand back but was wondering if they will try and decline the VT due to this??

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X