• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Brighthouse replacement policy.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brighthouse replacement policy.

Good Morning all!

I would like some advice if possible, i have an iphone 6 on hp with Brighthouse.
    On the 2nd November 2015, i accidentally dropped it in some water, i took it into Brighthouse on the 4th of November, they sent it away to see if it could be fixed, then it went to Apple ( so Brighthouse claimed! ) to see if they could fix it, they couldn't.

Brighthouse then said i had to fill in a form, detailing the accident, so they could send it off to their area manager so he could authorise a replacement, so far so good.

The Manager in my store told me he had requested one and i should recieve it by Christmas, i called into my store on Christmas Eve to be told there was no phone, and all the warehouses are shuteand that i had to call back after the New year.
    Went into the shop on the 5th January, i was told yet again that there was no phone, yet i might add, they are showing up on the system as being in other stores/warehouses.
    I called into the store again on Monday 18th to be told the same thing. the Manager said he would this person who dealt with them that day, to say he needed one asap.
    I phoned the shop the following afternoon, to be told that they were waiting for authorisation to have one sent up.
    They have already had authorisation!!
    I feel like i'm just being fobbed off, and they have no intention of replacing the phone.

In my majesty i told them if i didnt't have a phone by the end of the week, i would contact Trading Standards, also cancel my card so they couldn't get anymore payments for it, and just phone and pay for the other items i have.
    I have realised that doing that is not a good idea, though i have contacted Trading Standards and was told to quote the Sale and Supply of Goods Act to them.

After reading countless threads on different forums, nothing seems to scare them!!

Please reply with helpful suggestions regarding my problem.

Thankyou.
    Tags: None

Re: Brighthouse replacement policy.

Good morning, welcome to LB,

A common story with Brighthouse I'm sorry to say.

A Formal Complaint copied to Trading Standards may help, but
    as you say nothing gets through to them.

nem

- - - Updated - - -

Good morning, welcome to LB,

A common story with Brighthouse I'm sorry to say.

A Formal Complaint copied to Trading Standards may help, but
    as you say nothing gets through to them.

nem

Comment

Re: Brighthouse replacement policy.

​Was this mentioned when you returned the phone, or did you put ins details on the form you filled in?

Product Insurance

Product Insurance Cover: Conditions Of Your Agreement

As part of your hire purchase agreement, you must insure your products against damage caused by fire, theft or accidental damage.
      Household Contents Insurance

You may already have – or wish to purchase – household contents insurance or another policy that covers your BrightHouse products.
      If not, you can purchase the optional BrightHouse Product Insurance Cover.
      If you chose not to take out our Product Insurance Cover, proof of an alternative insurance policy must be provided before delivery of any items can take place.
      BrightHouse optional Product Insurance Cover

If you don’t have suitable household contents insurance, optional Product Insurance Cover insures against damage caused by fire, theft or accidental damage, and is available for individual higher purchase products.
      Find out more about optional BrightHouse Product Insurance Cover in store

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X