• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

holiday pay for part time worker

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• holiday pay for part time worker

Hello, can anyone help our Village Hall it is run on volunteers except for the cleaner who is paid for 8 hours per week how many days holiday is she entitled to please
    Tags: None

Re: holiday pay for part time worker

Apparently ' The statutory entitlement is 44 hours and 48 minutes holiday. ' - see https://www.gov.uk/calculate-your-ho.../full-year/8.0
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Thank you x

Comment

5.5 weeks is the holiday entitlement if that makes it easier than the hours.

Comment

I couldn't work that out for love nor money ( 44/8 ?) , thanks Nelly xxxx
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Sorry to ask but will this be full weeks as she used to work 3 days but she asked if she could work 2 hours for 4 days which the committee said yes so do we pay at 5 x 5 days or what she works 5 x 4 days as she has asked how many days is she entitled to

Comment

Basically she is entitled to 44 hours, so if she works 2 hours each day that'd be 22 days ( CHECK MY MATHS THOUGH ) You pay her what her normal pay would have been had she worked.

How long has she worked there?

oh hang on, I'm confused myself now

Most workers - whether part-time or full-time - are legally entitled to 5.6 weeks of paid annual leave. Additional annual leave may be agreed as part of a worker's contract. A week of leave should allow workers to be away from work for a week - i.e. it should be the same amount of time as the working week. If a worker does a five-day week, he or she is entitled to 28 days leave. However, for a worker who works 6 days a week the statutory entitlement is capped at 28 days. If they work a three-day week, the entitlement is 16.8 days leave. Employers can set the times that workers take their leave, for example for a Christmas shut down. If a worker's employment ends, they have a right to be paid for the leave due and not taken.
              I'll check with ACAS
              #staysafestayhome

Comment

8 years she normally takes 4 weeks at Christmas but now she is just taking odd days here and there and has asked how many days she has left, she works 4 days
                Last edited by susannicola; 7th January 2016, 17:07:PM. Reason: added more

Comment

If she works 4 days she will be entitled to 4 days x 5.6 = 22.4 days paid holiday, so she can have 5.6 weeks off., She would pay her 8 hours pay for 4 days holiday in a week.

Comment

Is she taking 4 weeks at Christmas by her own choice ? (by this I mean she is not made to have time off and her contract states she will be paid)

If so then she has 1.6 weeks left of her annual holiday entitlement. This would amount to 6 days paid holiday (1.6 weeks) after that it;s up to the employer to allow more holidays but they ahve no need to pay her.

Comment

Originally posted by ACAS
                      How is a part-time worker’s holiday entitlement calculated?
                      Part-time workers are entitled to the same holidays as full-time workers,
                      calculated on a pro-rata basis. For example, an employee who works three
                      days a week is entitled to 16.8 days’ paid holiday – their normal working week
                      multiplied by 5.6. An employee who works four days a week is entitled to
                      22.4 days’ paid holiday- their normal working week multiplied by 5.6.
                      No I was right lol.... she is entitled to 5.6 weeks holiday but as she only works 4 days you work it out pro rata - So 4 days * 5.6 = 22.4 days.

( lol, I know Nelly already said, but I needed to check to unconfuse myself )
                      #staysafestayhome

Comment

Thank you to Amerthyst and Enaid great help again x x

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                        Working...
                        X