• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

I would really like to sue my council for negligence

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I would really like to sue my council for negligence

Hi, long story short ....
    I have a feeling my Council have been discriminating against me for some time now since they have rejected several issues I have encountered with them over the 3 years of me moving into my house, mainly surrounding problems with council house tenants (huge coincidence, eh).
    However, the latest in a long line of incidents has been myself and my family being on the receiving end of unprovoked racial and verbal abuse from a council house tenant across the road from us. Obviously the Police have been involved but because of this it seems to give the Council the feeling that they can simply lay low and not act assuming the Police will take care of everything. The tenant has breached every anti-social behaviour rule in the Bristol City Council housing tenancy agreement yet the Council refuse to deal with the situation. I have made several complaints - through the correct protocols - which all eventually end up with the council housing department who either ignore my complaints or fob them off. I am forever chasing up emails - usually without reply, and I have already accepted that the Council's game is obviously to ignore me enough in the hope that I will go away. Unfortunately for them I am stubborn so I won't, but this has gone too far. I can actually guarantee (all evidence recorded) that if I submit a complaint through the Council's website (which is how they insist I act) I will NOT receive a response (other than a generic 'we have received your submission....'. It is plain, outright negligence.
    Tags: None

Re: I would really like to sue my council for negligence

Did you go to the Local Government Ombudsman?
    "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
    (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

Re: I would really like to sue my council for negligence

Originally posted by leclerc View Post
      Did you go to the Local Government Ombudsman?
      I sure did. The problem with the LGO though, is that I'm afraid they are as useless as the Council themselves. See, all they really do is revert you back to the Council. It's an unnecessary step in a vicious cycle which just painfully and inevitably ends up with you back at exactly where you started. I don't know about other Councils, but Bristol City Council are certainly walking around with a smug feeling that they are in fact untouchable. And sadly it's beginning to look that way.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X