• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CCA's time limit request

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CCA's time limit request

I have been contacted by lowell group who have 3 accounts they have purchased in my name. These were mainly JD Williams. I am asking for CCA for each account and requested this over 3 weeks ago. They said at the time they will contact the lender for these. I thought there was a time limit to make these available to me? They have also been emailing requesting payments etc usual stuff despite me responding by emails. I know this DCA are not good at negotiating discounts so I am making sure these are legaly enforceable should they go down the court route. They amount in total to just over £1000 and I reckon they probably paid £200 if that for these. Any advice welcome. I am in an IVA which finishes in April so have limited income spare.
    Tags: None

Re: CCA's time limit request

There is a time limit, but it's a little bit of a meaningless time limit. If they don't provide the CCA within 12 working days ( plus 2 for posting) then they are unable to enforce the agreement in the courts.

It used to be that it was a criminal offence not to provide within 12 days but that was ditched in 2006, so now they can take as long as they like really, but can't obtain judgment from court against you without complying with the request ( that is IF you bring it to the courts attention of course)

I'd give up communicating with them myself until they provide the agreements.

How long ago did the accounts default do you know?
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Thank you. They are within 3 years not statute barred. But interestingly they did state it may not be possible to get the CCA on one account because of age of debt, so if they have not provided copies of the CCA I would have to inform the court they failed to provide a CCA?

Comment

You opened these accounts whilst you were in an IVA?

Comment

Yes the credit limit was 200 for each account but the etra charges interest etc make up most of this. Under the IVA you are allowed limited credit. I know I should not have oppennef these but equally the creditor should carry out proper checks at application stage. The same creditor subsequently keep offering more credit even now which I ignored.

Comment

Assuming you are same person as the poster on this thread http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...ht=#post598848 , my suggestion would be the same as on that one.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X