• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

county court procedings

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• county court procedings

Hi I could really do with some advise. I have an outstanding overdraft to Nat west current balance 8875.97 . Up to approx 2014 I was managing to maintain interest payments although they were sporadic. eventually things came to a head and I had to negotiate a fixed agreement with them for £100 per month with the interest and charges frozen. at the time this was a struggle to maintain and eventually at the beginning of 2015 my account was passed to Ascent legal and the arrangement was continued with payments being taken by them via my debit card. all went well until Oct 2015 when a payment was declined by my bank (an error on my part). when Ascent rang me regarding this it was the first I knew of the non payment. I discussed this with them and said I would in future make payments direct to Nat West by standing order they accepted this decision. stupidly I omitted to set up the order due to pressures of business. Next thing is I receive a county court claim for the outstanding balance Plus 8% interest. I immediately contacted Ascent to discuss this and Pointed out that this appeared a harsh action. I at this point brought the outstanding payments up to date and they said that they would request to Nat West to reinstate my order backed by a Tomlin order to prevent a county court judgement been issued against me. I contacted them after 8 days 17th December to see if Nat West had responded to the request I was told by Ascent that no response had yet been received but that they had put a hold on the proceedings until 11th Jan 2016 when I was due to pay my next payment. I have today received a letter dated the 15th December from Ascent to say that Nat West instructions remain to enforce any judgement against me by way of a charging order against my property. can anyone advise me on how to deal with this I have requested further time to the courts to provide a defense. As I am in financial services a judgement against me would seriously damage my reputation with the FCA and could well cause the complete closure of my business. Help desperately needed
    Last edited by petemacs4430; 22nd December 2015, 07:38:AM.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X