• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

1st Credit sent Bankruptcy proceeding being considered letter ....Please Help !!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1st Credit sent Bankruptcy proceeding being considered letter ....Please Help !!

I would be grateful if someone could advise a course of action, The brief being I defaulted my MBNA credit card back in 2006 and then got approached in 2007 by 1st credit saying they had taken over my £10,000 debt so I promptly sent them the £1 postal order and requested my signed credit agreement I seem to recall getting some little snip of unreadable copied paper. I didn't consider this anything that resembled any kind of credit agreement so continued to send my nominal payments every month to MBNA as was agreed.

1st credit have been sending annual statements and offers to reduce full payment but being a single mum with a mortgage I have never had the available money to meet there offers although I have been trying to save in the hopes I would be in a position to do so before April 2017 when my mortgage is paid off and I have a small insurance policy due as well, I could have cleared all my outstanding debts with f&f offers.... If I cant stop 1st credit going down the route of bankruptcy I would lose everything I have fought so hard to keep on an even keel all these years.

back in 2004 I was involved in an accident that put me out of work for 3 years so I had a lot of things to pay out and couldn't keep up with things so what wasn't covered on insurance I had to reduce to nominal payments.
    I stated working again in 2007 but only 20 hours a week and got tax credit top up in 2010 that 20 hours increased to 30 hours I only earn £210 and 1st credit want a statement of my income and expenditure to look at rescheduling new payment terms ....... All this time I have never corresponded with them and I kept my payments going regular to MBNA but I not sure what to do now.

If anyone could help point me in a correct direction of what I should or shouldn't do or if you need further information I would be only to glad to hear asap. I cant eat sleep or think straight my nerves are so on edge with fear they will force me into bankruptcy now and put me and my pregnant daughter on the streets.

kind regards
    crystal clear
    Tags: None

Re: 1st Credit sent Bankruptcy proceeding being considered letter ....Please Help !!

Sorry for back to back post I did try edit to say I thought this may have been put in the wrong board to get help so I posted http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...r-Please-Help-!! and asked mods to delete this if wrong and move other if still in wrong board crystal clear

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X