• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Adult social serv freezing mums bank account

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Adult social serv freezing mums bank account

Are you happy with how your mum is being looked after now?
    All the actions by SS, police etc would have to have been done through the COP not sure if they will discuss the case with you but that is where I would start.
    Dementia is very much a learning curve for everyone imho even as little as 3 years ago I met many NHS and SS workers that had no clue about it. I honestly think many GPs are only just getting up to scratch on it. There is no cure and yes there are meds that they think can slow it down but these are not always succsessful and have side effects. Having 2 relations with dementia I do know they do not always work it is trial and error mostly for the individual as all cases are so different in many ways.
    TREATMENTS

Mum suffers from dementure and told SS she didn't trust me.
    This quote is from your first post and if your mum also said this to her GP when she first was diagnosed maybe the GP thought she was doing the best for your mum by not informing you.
    In any case a best of interest meeting should have been held and family members informed and invited to attend along with others involved with your mums care.
    I know how frustrated and angry you will be about all this, firstly your mums care is priority and if that is now satisfactory then complaining will make you feel better it works for me, but be aware you may not get the answers or the results you want,
    Good Luck
    Enaid x

Comment

Originally posted by enaid View Post
      Are you happy with how your mum is being looked after now?
      All the actions by SS, police etc would have to have been done through the COP not sure if they will discuss the case with you but that is where I would start.
      Dementia is very much a learning curve for everyone imho even as little as 3 years ago I met many NHS and SS workers that had no clue about it. I honestly think many GPs are only just getting up to scratch on it. There is no cure and yes there are meds that they think can slow it down but these are not always succsessful and have side effects. Having 2 relations with dementia I do know they do not always work it is trial and error mostly for the individual as all cases are so different in many ways.
      TREATMENTS

This quote is from your first post and if your mum also said this to her GP when she first was diagnosed maybe the GP thought she was doing the best for your mum by not informing you.
      In any case a best of interest meeting should have been held and family members informed and invited to attend along with others involved with your mums care.
      I know how frustrated and angry you will be about all this, firstly your mums care is priority and if that is now satisfactory then complaining will make you feel better it works for me, but be aware you may not get the answers or the results you want,
      Good Luck
      Enaid x
      Hi the COP are not involved SS never went ahead with the application, I am the only family member so should have been told when she was diagnosed. I got the letter sent to the DWP by the agency social worker, not a scrap of evidence and I am now speaking to solicitors. These people conspired to keep me out of my mums affairs and while they were so fixated on me they were not caring for my mum. I am now going to sue them all and I will not stop till all involved are held accountable. My mum could have been given treatment and may have still been with us now. This whole cockup has been started by the GP, I have mums medical records and its clear once you study them that they messed up. I have kept a diary of events since july15 and recorded all conversations and insisted on emails all logged. They failed to contact mums service providers, we rented out her house and one of the providers wouldn't speak to me because I didn't have LPA so it looks like its court to explain to the judge why the bill hasn't been paid, I will be calling SS to court to explain why too. Should be fun, lets see what the judge says when he hears why.

Scott

Comment

Had a meeting with the managers of the nursing home mum will be going to, everything was fine till they told me that social services had told them about safeguarding concerns, when they asked for more information the SS refused to comment. Inducing bad character that's what SS tried to do, its like me giving you the winning lottery numbers which were all double digits and me just giving one of the digits, pointless!!!! I do not know the reasoning behind this whatsoever, what they have done is give me more ammo against them when this eventually gets to court. As for mums care I am going to have to wait and see what this home is like.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X