• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Unfair treatment and mental health - what do I do next?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unfair treatment and mental health - what do I do next?

Hi all,

I am hoping someone can help me out. I have worked for the same company for nearly 5 years under the same manager. Mid last year I had to take time off due to severe depression (requiring some time in a clinic) and returned to work near the end of the year. I have worked in similar roles for 15 years and this was the first time I have taken sick leave. Since then, my boss started to exclude me from responsibilities I had been involved with, often blanked me or cut me out of conversations in the office and generally lost interest. As the year has progressed I have approached my boss a number of times with concerns relating to this and been brushed off. In August I told her that our working relationship was affecting my emotional state to such a degree that I wanted to resign. I was told that I absolutely should not do this and she would address her behaviour. Following that meeting I went on annual leave for three weeks and on the day I returned I received a request to attend a meeting 2 days later to discuss performance concerns that she had. At this point she had never verbally or in wiring raised any performance concerns. After the meeting, I broke down completely and had to return to the clinic. I later found out that a few of my colleagues had raised concerns over my well being and my boss had chosen to ignore them.

in myt opinion, my boss decided that my mental health made me a liability and has effectively forced this breakdown. I feel that even when I am deemed fit for work, my work will not be fit for me as they have nothing in place to ensure that discrimination doesn't happen. I just want to leave the job but would like some financial recompense e.g. My 3 months notice and bonus.

Can an anyone advise as to what I should do as a next step? If avoidable, I would prefer not to end up in a huge legal wrangle.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X