• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

initial job offer, no follow up

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• initial job offer, no follow up

Hi, I am an EU resident, and was offered a job in UK about 6 weeks ago. I received the offer by email, via the recruiter, and it has the following elements:

"Further to our discussions regarding the above role, we are delighted to offer you the position of ... This offer is subject to the satisfactory completion of Right to work and credit checks. On completion of these checks, a formal offer and contract will be sent to you. In the meantime, I thought it might be useful to provide you with confirmation of your role: [details of title, location, salary, notice period, start date (TBC)]".

I accepted the offer, sent Right to work documents (EU ID), and started background checks with a third party provider.

About a week ago, I wanted to get updates from the recruiter, but he is not returning my emails and calls, which I find very puzzling.

In the meanwhile, I confirmed with the background check provider that they sent their report to the prospective employer over a week ago.

My questions are:
    - Is the conditional offer above binding?
    - If my credit checks were unsatisfactory (I would be very surprised, as my history is clean, and have no credit outstanding), should I have been informed by the company or the recruiter?
    - If the company changed their mind, can they and the recruiter simply ignore the offer above, and stop any communication with me?
    - I am thinking of asking the HR of the company about the status, bypassing the recruiter (I can cc him in the email). Are there any pitfalls?

Thank you very much
    Tags: None

Re: initial job offer, no follow up

Originally posted by i123 View Post
    Hi, I am an EU resident, and was offered a job in UK about 6 weeks ago. I received the offer by email, via the recruiter, and it has the following elements:

"Further to our discussions regarding the above role, we are delighted to offer you the position of ... This offer is subject to the satisfactory completion of Right to work and credit checks. On completion of these checks, a formal offer and contract will be sent to you. In the meantime, I thought it might be useful to provide you with confirmation of your role: [details of title, location, salary, notice period, start date (TBC)]".

I accepted the offer, sent Right to work documents (EU ID), and started background checks with a third party provider.

About a week ago, I wanted to get updates from the recruiter, but he is not returning my emails and calls, which I find very puzzling.

In the meanwhile, I confirmed with the background check provider that they sent their report to the prospective employer over a week ago.

My questions are:

NO

- If my credit checks were unsatisfactory (I would be very surprised, as my history is clean, and have no credit outstanding), should I have been informed by the company or the recruiter?

NO

- If the company changed their mind, can they and the recruiter simply ignore the offer above, and stop any communication with me?

YES

- I am thinking of asking the HR of the company about the status, bypassing the recruiter (I can cc him in the email). Are there any pitfalls?

CHECK YOUR CONTRACT WITH RECRUITMENT AGENCY -

Thank you very much
    My questions are:

NO

NO

YES

CHECK YOUR CONTRACT WITH RECRUITMENT AGENCY -

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X