• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Charge against property

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charge against property

In 2009 I had a charge put against my property, to be honest I never thought about selling up, but the time has come, and My solicitors have not managed to trace the company that are responsible, Phoenix Recoveries, I have tried to contact them and the solicitor they used Christopher Pinnion, but no luck, I have contacted the Southend County Court and they gave me ELS & Cole, rang them , no answer, Court Suggested Restons Solicitors, never heard of them Tel 01925 661600. I have also been made aware that Arrow Global might be involved. Can anyone help by suggesting how I can pay this debt off please, it is driving me mad .
    I have a reference number, I have the court Case Number, the only thing I do not have is the company that holds the charge over my property. How do I find this out .... agh agh....

Please someone Help....
    Tags: None

Re: Charge against property

Originally posted by Minty62 View Post
    In 2009 I had a charge put against my property, to be honest I never thought about selling up, but the time has come, and My solicitors have not managed to trace the company that are responsible, Phoenix Recoveries, I have tried to contact them and the solicitor they used Christopher Pinnion, but no luck, I have contacted the Southend County Court and they gave me ELS & Cole, rang them , no answer, Court Suggested Restons Solicitors, never heard of them Tel 01925 661600. I have also been made aware that Arrow Global might be involved. Can anyone help by suggesting how I can pay this debt off please, it is driving me mad .
    I have a reference number, I have the court Case Number, the only thing I do not have is the company that holds the charge over my property. How do I find this out .... agh agh....

Please someone Help....
    Phoenix Recoveries Ltd was dissolved some years ago!
    If the charge is in their name there is no one to pay.
    I'm very surprised that your solicitor did not check
    companies house.

nem

Comment

Not sure if the debt was bought by another company , Fenton Cooper etc before they were dissolved..

Comment

Not sure if the debt was bought by another company , Fenton Cooper etc before they were dissolved..
        I didn't think Fenton Cooper were debt purchasers if the charge is in the name of a dissolved company still I can't see a problem.

nem

Comment

Originally posted by nemesis45 View Post
          I didn't think Fenton Cooper were debt purchasers if the charge is in the name of a dissolved company still I can't see a problem.

nem
          Sorry for leaving yesterday,, bit of a crisis, All my solicitors are saying is that there is a charge against the property in the name of Phoenix Recoveries/sarl/Tessera ? Found out that Fenton Cooper were dealing with it.. Not really sure how accurate that is, I rang Southend County Court & was given ELS & Cole, can not get hold of them either, Then was given Restons (I think) bad telephone line, 01925 661600, they no nothing either. Does anyone know how I can trace this please or even if I can sell my house without finding these people. It is a blooming nightmare..
          Thanks

Comment

You can make an application to the land tribunal for a cancellation of a charge, but only in good reason. If your solicitor has attempted to verify who the charge belongs to and can provide evidence that he/she has been unsuccessful then it may be possible to go via that route and have it removed. The registrar (as far as I'm aware) does not have powers to rectify the register unless it may have been done fraudulently.

It will obviously cost you some money in doing so but for the sake of selling your property it might be worth it. Your solicitor should be able to give further info on this.
            If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
            - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
            LEGAL DISCLAIMER
            Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Thank you very much for that, will do some thinking, and speak to Solicitors.

Once again Thank you to everyone who contributed
              Starting to feel like I could now move on...

Comment

Sorry for leaving yesterday,, bit of a crisis, All my solicitors are saying is that there is a charge against the property in the name of Phoenix Recoveries/sarl/Tessera ? Found out that Fenton Cooper were dealing with it.. Not really sure how accurate that is, I rang Southend County Court & was given ELS & Cole, can not get hold of them either, Then was given Restons (I think) bad telephone line, 01925 661600, they no nothing either. Does anyone know how I can trace this please or even if I can sell my house without finding these people. It is a blooming nightmare..
                Thanks
                Tessera Ltd Warrior Sq, SO S. 01702 444777 status dissolved> Fenton Cooper Dissolved .> Rockwell Dissolved.

I can't trace and successors to any of these companies.

nem

Comment

Hi Minty,
                  Found a " link to Arrow Global who were Tessera Groups biggest client, press release in 2014 suggests that much of Tesseras assets were sold to AG: Tel: 0800 1300169.

nem

Comment

Thanks Nemesis454...
                    Rang Arrow Global, they did buy the Debt in 2011, and state they have sent letter after letter, they also state they sent an offer of settlement last year. What a load of old codswollap , Lying swines... In all honesty I probably like going round in circles, pulling my hair out, spending huge amounts of time on the Telephone ringing collection agency after collection agency and being left frustrated after every call. Researching different Companies at companies house, My god what a bunch idiots they are......
                    It was myself that took out a loan back in 2000, took out Redundancy cover, made Redundant 2002, tried to use the Insurance.Only for Norwich Union to deny my claim because & wait for it Guys, I WAS`NT ACTIVELY SEEKING FURTHER EMPLOYMENT AT THAT TIME, absolutely Diabolical..
                    After speaking to Arrow Global this morning found out that the debt had been registered in my Disabled wife`s name & not mine, that is why I could not find it anywhere.. How the Bloody Hell have they managed to do this.... I wonder if it is possible to challenge this after so many years.

Comment

Subject to what others say but my view is, get your wife to set aside the debt - then it would be statute barred if they brought a claim as it would be out of time, depending on when the charge was put on?
                      Is the property registered in both names or just yours? Either way the charge would need to be removed as it was incorrectly applied against the wrong person.
                      If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
                      - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
                      LEGAL DISCLAIMER
                      Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

The debt became a charge against the property in December 2008/09.

Comment

So is there a credit reference for this on your wife's files?

nem

- - - Updated - - -

So is there a credit reference for this on your wife's files?

nem

Comment

yes.....

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                            Working...
                            X