• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Court hearing for a family member

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Court hearing for a family member

Hi There,

A family member who lives in the address I currently I've in is being taken to court for drug offences.

My issue is, I work in the local community and it will have a MASSIVELY negative impact on my work, and I am almost certain to lose work if it is published in the local newspapers.

Also, another fact is, when I was a child I had a restraining order from my birth father and he was not allowed to see me or my mum due to domestic abuse, he to this date still does not know where I live and would like that to remain the same, purely for the fact the abuse my mother received.

Can I ask the judge to keep this out of the news for these reasons?

Cheers,
    Tags: None

Re: Court hearing for a family member

Originally posted by fourlegs View Post
    Hi There,

A family member who lives in the address I currently I've in is being taken to court for drug offences.

My issue is, I work in the local community and it will have a MASSIVELY negative impact on my work, and I am almost certain to lose work if it is published in the local newspapers.

Also, another fact is, when I was a child I had a restraining order from my birth father and he was not allowed to see me or my mum due to domestic abuse, he to this date still does not know where I live and would like that to remain the same, purely for the fact the abuse my mother received.

Can I ask the judge to keep this out of the news for these reasons?

Cheers,
    Good evening welcome to LB,

The reporting of court actions which are a matter of public record, would
    not I think be stopped because of your situation.
    A lot will depend on how serious the drug offences are, it might not be reported at all.
    Is this matter before magistrates or is it with a Crown Court?

nem

Comment

Hi,

It is with magistrates.

Thanks,

Comment

Hi,

It is with magistrates.

Thanks,
        May not even be reported, just a small mention in local press.

nem

Comment

Hi Nem,

That is the issue I am bothered about, that is going to to damage to my work and lose me numerous clients.

Is there no way to appeal to the judge in advanced?

cheers

Comment

Hi Nem,

That is the issue I am bothered about, that is going to to damage to my work and lose me numerous clients.

Is there no way to appeal to the judge in advanced?

cheers
            No knowing if this will be before the bench 2-3 magistrates or a District Judge (criminal).

What makes you believe a relatives offences will impact on you?

nem

Comment

Hi Nem,

I work in the local community with local clients... so you get the jist.. once the word spreads the work will stop.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X