• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

LOWELL Financial ltd

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LOWELL Financial ltd

Hi

i am asking for help for a letter which my partner has received from a company called Buchanan clark and wells. stating that they have sold an account to lowell Portfolio 1 ltd. Firstly my partner does not know about this account, it pertains to be Provident Personal credit ltd. It is addressed to my partner but his name is spelt wrong and we have no idea when this account was set up. The letter states that they are requesting a payment of £691.00 to be paid to them. We have only lived at this address for 1 year and my partner is saying that this is the first letter he has received. How do we go about disputing this claim? He has a feeling it was from his ex wife as she took out accounts in his name before.

Many thanks for your help

beana
    Tags: None

Re: LOWELL Financial ltd

Originally posted by beana132 View Post
    Hi

i am asking for help for a letter which my partner has received from a company called Buchanan clark and wells. stating that they have sold an account to lowell Portfolio 1 ltd. Firstly my partner does not know about this account, it pertains to be Provident Personal credit ltd. It is addressed to my partner but his name is spelt wrong and we have no idea when this account was set up. The letter states that they are requesting a payment of £691.00 to be paid to them. We have only lived at this address for 1 year and my partner is saying that this is the first letter he has received. How do we go about disputing this claim? He has a feeling it was from his ex wife as she took out accounts in his name before.

Many thanks for your help

beana
    Hi I presume this is the thread mention in the Hoist RW thread.

Seems like you have/your partner has a Notice of Assignment from BCW.
    Has Lowell written to him yet?
    I suggest checking credit reference files Noddle is free online.
    The credit file should show the start date and default date.
    I certainly would not contact Lowell until it actually starts to
    pursue the alleged debt and certainly do not be tempted to
    phone them.

nem

Comment

Hi

we don't know when it defaulted. We went on experian and it is on there but there is no date saying when it defaulted. Lowell have not written to him yet as far as we know.

thanks

Comment

Hi

we don't know when it defaulted. We went on experian and it is on there but there is no date saying when it defaulted. Lowell have not written to him yet as far as we know.

thanks
        Ok could you get a screen grab of the file entry please and post it here minus personal details, it will help us to know how to follow this up.

nem

Comment

Hi just checked experian and realised that you click on the triangles to see the default ! It defaulted on 19/06/10 value £691.00 CAIS code 8.

Comment

Hi just checked experian and realised that you click on the triangles to see the default ! It defaulted on 19/06/10 value £691.00 CAIS code 8.
            Ok wait for Lowell to make contact then we can go further, to see what Lowell will come up with.
            Keep all correspondence safe.
            nem

Comment

Do you have Providents T & C
              Just wondered whether or not they contain an assignment clause

Comment

Hi sorry I have not seen this reply. We have nothing in regards to Provident as my partner does not know anything about this alleged debt. My partner has received letter from lowell financial it went to his parents old address and never got passed to him. Therefore I have written to them on his behalf with the cca request template. They haven't acknowledged it yet.

Comment

Hi sorry I have not seen this reply. We have nothing in regards to Provident as my partner does not know anything about this alleged debt. My partner has received letter from lowell financial it went to his parents old address and never got passed to him. Therefore I have written to them on his behalf with the cca request template. They haven't acknowledged it yet.
                  That's fine, I suspect they may have trouble finding an agreement.

Has your partner ever has a Provident Loan of any sort.

nem

Comment

hi

He doesn't recall any dealings with Provident, only welcome finance and another company clear account, the clear account debt has been paid last year though and it wasn't for that amount. In regards to the alleged provident debt being chased by Lowell financial , my partner thinks there is a chance that it could have been his ex wife taking out loans in his name if they are able to provide documents what kind of evidence do they have to hold to substantiate their claim that the alleged debt is my partners, signatures, bank transactions etc? She has caused him a lot of trouble, he's just finished paying attachments for arrears for council tax that she was meant to pay when they were together. Not only that but we have just received two letters from Cabot financial for two defaulted accounts , he has never had sky tv! As per previous advice on here i am requesting cca on both of them. (I hope that is correct)

Sorry to bombard you , your advice is truly appreciated. I have never been in any kind of debt myself and I just don't understand how this works. All I do know is that my partner has head in sand syndrome hence why I am on here and not him!

Comment

Hi quick update on this. My partner has received a letter from lowells finance who have said that further to my request for the credit agreement the debt has found to be not his. They have advised that he should contact experien to notify them of this as the searches came back from his name on his account. As I previously said the name was spelt incorrectly on the letters so who knows who the debt belongs to. I will keep all correspondence incase they come back in the new year. Hopefully this is now resolved 😊

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X