• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Hi to everyone, I hope you can help me with a problem I have

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi to everyone, I hope you can help me with a problem I have

On the 6th of November my son ordered a moped online from a company called thescooterbox.com. He received an email asking him to do a direct bank transfer to a Lloyds bank account. Unfortunately it did not occur to him that this was not a normal process when ordering goods online. He was then informed that delivery would be three to five working days.

A week later he had still not received his order and when he tried to contact the company there was nobody answering phone calls or responding to emails. Now the website is down and I feel that he has been scammed for a total of £650.00. I have logged this with the police fraud department and was wondering if there is anything else that can be done to try and get his money back.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Regards

Kim
    Tags: None

Re: Hi to everyone, I hope you can help me with a problem I have

If you look round these forums you will find a whole section about people paying for cars off the internet, paying by direct transfer and not getting the goods. This is the thread.

Have you got an incident number from the police? Go round to the bank, tell then you have been scammed and see if they can get the money back. The chances are virtually nil as the account where the money went has been emptied out as soon as the money appeared.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X