• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Hi there. You've probably guessed already, I have a problem :(

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hi there. You've probably guessed already, I have a problem

Hello Astro as we thought they don't have the agreement or are unsure of their ground.
    It's a " limbo" stage now.

Probably best to wait and see if the apply to lift the claim ( fee payable) if they haven't
    done so in say 3 weeks, then you could give them 7 days notice that you are going to
    apply for the claim to be struck out.

nem

Comment

Morning Nem. Even if they do get hold of the agreement and notice of assignment I think they are still on very, very shaky ground.

- - - Updated - - -

p.s. The court have emailed me over the strike out application pack

Comment

I've received a letter today (yesterday now its past midnight) from Black Horse following the call I made to them last week. It says:

I refer to the above agreement number and your recent telephone conversation with our office.

Having reviewed the information we have on file, I can confirm the default date for this agreement was 17th December 2008 as this is when the legal liability was calculated following the voluntary termination. I can confirm that the account is no longer recording on the Credit Reference Agencies which we report to. (Experian, Equifax and Call Credit)

I trust this is satisfactory etc etc

I think we can now call this statute barred without any shadow of doubt. Do I provide DLC with a copy of this? surely upon knowing the facts they'll finally see sense and discontinue?

Comment

[MENTION=55034]nemesis45[/MENTION] Had a rush of blood to the head and phoned DLC. They've informed me that the account has been recalled from Restons and closed by themselves. Apparently a letter is on its way to confirm this along with an assurance that I won't be hearing from them again. I asked about the stayed court case and they will be informing them of discontinuance in due course.

Yay !!!!!! :rockon:

Comment

Originally posted by Astro View Post
            @nemesis45 Had a rush of blood to the head and phoned DLC. They've informed me that the account has been recalled from Restons and closed by themselves. Apparently a letter is on its way to confirm this along with an assurance that I won't be hearing from them again. I asked about the stayed court case and they will be informing them of discontinuance in due course.

Good news Astro, well done!!

Comment

Nice one Look forward to the notice of discontinuance

Originally posted by Astro View Post
              [MENTION=55034]nemesis45[/MENTION] Had a rush of blood to the head and phoned DLC. They've informed me that the account has been recalled from Restons and closed by themselves. Apparently a letter is on its way to confirm this along with an assurance that I won't be hearing from them again. I asked about the stayed court case and they will be informing them of discontinuance in due course.

#staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hi all. I haven't updated this thread in a while, apologies. I have now received written confirmation from DLC that my account has been closed, they have also confirmed that they have upheld the complaint I made regarding their handling of the account. I'm still to receive written confirmation that the claim they made has been closed but i'm expecting that soon. I have told them that if they don't discontinue then i'll apply for a strike out on grounds of 'abuse of process' plus costs. Hopefully that'll nudge them into action

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X