• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Problems with Bank Smart

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with Bank Smart

I stupidly got involved with a company called bank smart several years ago in order to recoup my PPI, I didn't realise at the time that I could do it myself, lessons learnt. I had several claims outstanding with FIrst Trust Bank, Barclays, MBNA EBL and First Direct.

In terms of the First Trust bank nothing was moving so I contacted First Trust Bank to see what was happening, they informed me that an offer had been made to Bank Smart 6 months previously which still hadn't been acted on. I took over as the offer made was well under what I was expecting, it turns out that Bank Smart only did half a job. I offered to close out the claim with Bank Smart paying the stat 120 and letting bygones be bygones. That didn't wash and now they pursuing me for 540.

In terms of the MBNA EBL account, I had two cards at a time, Bank Smart accepted my my behalf an offer of 120 without consulting me and are saying I still owe money. A received an email stating that this should never of happened from bank smart which they deny They are charging me for the second card although no PPI was owing.

Barclay Card and First Direct had informed Bank Smart that no PPI was owing but yet Bank Smart still pursued them.

I filed a formal complaint in August 2012 but of course they weren't interested, I presented everything to a solicitor to say that they didn't have a case and let it be. I sent at email at his bequest to tell them to send stuff his way and he would deal with it. They denied they got it. so for three years they've hounded me and harassed me.

I contacted the legal ombudsman who said that I had to give bank smart another crack at the complaint. I have received there final response which is they will reduce the 1400 to 800 if I pay now, if I need to pay instalments its 1400 and if I take it to the legal ombudsman then they will pursue me through the courts.

Its now with the legal ombudsman but I am at my wits end, should I just pay and get it over and done with?
    Tags: None

Re: Problems with Bank Smart

Appoligies, I've only just seen this.

This is not untypical of Bank Smart I'm afraid but don't allow yourself to be bullied by them.

You need to be very careful in dealing with the Legal Ombudsman. In our experience they are more interested in encouraging the complainant and CMC to reach an informal mutual agreement on the level of fees rather than making a ruling on whether they are justified, which is what you'd seem to want.

See here example here http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...L-Is-LeO-Right

I'd very much like to see your complaint and Bank Smart's response.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X