• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Hi All.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi All.

Hello everyone. I am new to this site and I was wondering if anyone could help me. I have been contacted by Lowell Financial Ltd by letter, phone call and text numerous times about an old catalogue debt. I have always ignored them but today received a Pre-legal assessment letter saying they will take me to court. I was wondering if anyone knows the best way to deal with this before it goes to court. I have just checked my credit report and the default date was 09/08/2012.

Thank you x
    Tags: None

Re: Hi All.

Originally posted by sozzledhen View Post
    Hello everyone. I am new to this site and I was wondering if anyone could help me. I have been contacted by Lowell Financial Ltd by letter, phone call and text numerous times about an old catalogue debt. I have always ignored them but today received a Pre-legal assessment letter saying they will take me to court. I was wondering if anyone knows the best way to deal with this before it goes to court. I have just checked my credit report and the default date was 09/08/2012.

Thank you x
    Good afternoon,

To be able to assist you we will need full details and history of the debt.
    If you can please post a copy of the letter after removing personal information,
    account numbers etc.

nem

Comment

Thank you for your response. This is the letter I received today.
      Attached Files

Comment

Thank you for your response. This is the letter I received today.

Ok ,
        One of Lowell's standars templates.

Some history of the debt please.

Who was the original creditor?
        What type of account was this?4
        How much is owed?
        When did payments cease?
        When was the account defaulted?
        Is there any dispute about the amount owed?
        Is this showing on your credit reference files? You can check Noddle free online.

nem

Comment

the original creditor was freemans catalogue.

my credit report says it was for £495 but it says £510 on the letter

payments ceased with freemans in february 2012

it says on the report it defaulted in august 2012.

Yes it is showing on the credit files.

Comment

the original creditor was freemans catalogue.

my credit report says it was for £495 but it says £510 on the letter

payments ceased with freemans in february 2012

it says on the report it defaulted in august 2012.

Yes it is showing on the credit files.
            What do you want to do about this? Is there any dispute about the amount other than that you mention above?
            I gather you don't relish the idea of getting a CCJ can't blame you for that!

How was the account opened, online, magazine or newspaper advert?

I suggest a CCA request to Lowell now, to see if they have an agreement to backup their claim.
            There is a £1 statutory fee for this ( use a postal order endorsed " For Statutory Fee Only" there is a template
            in the forum library for this. Lowell has 12 + 2 Workings Days to comply.

Have you considered making an offer of monthly payments, and offer should be reasonable, affordable and sustainable
            over an extended period.

nem

Comment

Hi. Thank you for your help.

No I really don't want a CCJ or to go to court. I don't mind paying an amount I can afford back but as the amounts on the letter and the amounts on the credit report don't match, I'm concerned about how much I actually owe. I can't access my original account with Freemans. I was also a little scared to speak to Lowell in case they asked me to pay back more than I can afford. I'm a stay at home mum so finances are tight at the moment.

The account was opened online.

Would a CCA request be able to tell me how much I actually owe on the account?

Comment

Hi. Thank you for your help.

No I really don't want a CCJ or to go to court. I don't mind paying an amount I can afford back but as the amounts on the letter and the amounts on the credit report don't match, I'm concerned about how much I actually owe. I can't access my original account with Freemans. I was also a little scared to speak to Lowell in case they asked me to pay back more than I can afford. I'm a stay at home mum so finances are tight at the moment.

The account was opened online.

Would a CCA request be able to tell me how much I actually owe on the account?
                Yes the request is for a copy of the agreement and a signed current statement of the account.
                Sometimes on credit files have 2 figures the default sum and the default balance which will vary
                the first being how much you needed to pay to stop a default being placed the latter the final
                balance on the account.
                It ' s very unwise to engage any DCA by phone conversations can be denied, keep everything in
                writing especially if you decide to make an offer of payment, never send any money until you
                have agreement in writing as to how much you will pay and at what frequency of payments.

nem

Comment

Okay thank you very much for your help. I will send a CCA request as soon as possible.

Comment

Okay thank you very much for your help. I will send a CCA request as soon as possible.
                    Ok let us know how you get on.

nem

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X