• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Second mortgage

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Second mortgage

Hi could someone advise me, finished a second mortgage/loan but I incurred over the loan period extra charges due to missed payments etc. but now the lender is saying I'm in arrears even though the term has ended and I've paid the original amount off. But I'm left owing the charges. So they are getting heavy and saying they are charging arrears fees again and looking for reposession. What's my options bearing in mind the charges etc are quite substantial and I'm brassic. Appreciate all views and help
    Tags: None

Re: Second mortgage

Essentially, the charges get added to the balance and become part of the loan.

So, if you have paid the contractual payments, but not the charges, they are right.

Whether or not you have a case to try and claim back the charges is another matter.

Comment

Thank you for your info, one of my queries was how can they now charge arrear charges on arrear charges when they never charged them before, but only on the original product that has now been repaid.

Comment

Originally posted by valleypipeman View Post
        Thank you for your info, one of my queries was how can they now charge arrear charges on arrear charges when they never charged them before, but only on the original product that has now been repaid.
        I think there are (potentially) a lot of factors that could be involved here.

What was the amount of the secured loan @ inception ?
        When was the loan taken out & for how long ?
        Who provided the loan, was there a broker & what was it for ?
        How did the arrears accumulate & why ?

This will help with any potential questions you may have if you can elaborate a little on the above please.

Comment

Cheers will get as much accurate info as possible then post ASAP

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X