• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Zurich motor insurance - nightmare!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zurich motor insurance - nightmare!

After Zurich sends me aggressive first letter demanding I contact immediately, they thereafter ignore my contact attempts (and me). Months later they inform taking the t/P's version of events only. Viz.
    1. I've been alleged to cause deep white scoring (and bust headlight) to a car (April 2015). Yet I was stationary, 1foot distance, my car is black and I had already sent chronology, photos (both vehicles) and I'd reported to police. She refused exchanging details. I repeat this alleged 'collision' is a no contact incident!

2. 12 august was an accident (thanks to pedestrian). Another aggressive letter. In short allege dated 5 sept. to a 'recent' contact (refuted). Also threatening if I don't respond by 15th Zurich will act on other side's version. I faxed (11th sept - didn't receive theirs till 7/9th) to, in short ask for claim form (i'm not online/ no phone for 0844 now. or land line, Zurich won't do reverse charge call nor give me direct line to call (to cut through the c*** monologue - that cost me £2 in BT box, r
    to expire before I got to speak to a human voice!). I'm completely in limbo. Correspondence is my only way of contact! Please how do I get through? Zurich is ostensibly my insurers. I've paid (premium) for that 'privilege' - huh! Thnx.
    Tags: None

Re: Zurich motor insurance - nightmare!

You write, signed for, to your insurers telling them the only way you will communicate with them is in writing, snail mail.
    Write to their complaints department (details will be in your policy wording)
    Remind them that you have re first incident actually contacted them (in writing?) give them full details and copies of what was sent previously.
    Re the second incident you should have reported it to them when it happened, not a month later after being prodded by them.

Comment

Re: Zurich motor insurance - nightmare!

Thank you for yr answer. And I will write to complaints (1st item). As to the second, i'm sorry I didn't make it clear; I had already/immediately reported accident - I wrote of my follow up correspondence. Sorry for the oversight.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X