• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi please any body can help me with this matter. I was declared as Default after failing to pay minimum agreed amount of my business account in October 2001.
    The bank issued default against my name in credit history for 6 years.
    Since then i never heard from bank or any other organisations on behalf of barclays bank.
    All of sudden after 14 years of the event i received a letter on behalf of barclays bank demanding money.
    I am employed since then my credit scoring is fine till now.
    Can any one advise me to where to seek help ie Fsa or any other organisation.
    Tags: None

Re: Default

Good morning welcome to LB,
    Was this a loan, current account, OD, credit card?
    The likely hood is that the debt is statute barred i.e.
    there has been no payment or unequivocal written
    in six clear years.

Who is writing to you on behalf of Barclays?

nem

Comment

Thanks it was business loan i initially agreed to pay £25 a month but after couple of months found hard to keep it up then Barclays registered as a default against my name in credit scoring which stayed for six years from 2001 to 2007 but after 14 years a company contacted me on behalf of barclays demanding to £9700 staff stated that I legally do not need to pay this but morally I have to pay which I found very hard to understand Do i need to contact Financial conduct Authority for complaint thanks

- - - Updated - - -

Company called Link Financial

Comment

No you do not have to pay a thing as 6 years have elapsed since last pyment or acknowledge the debt.

They can no longer sue you or put any negative info with the credit agencies

I would just send them back the statute barred template by recorded delivery. Link financial are a debt collecting agency who Barclays would have sold the debt to.

You send the statute barred template to them, not Barclays

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X