• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Financial Ombudsman Service

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Financial Ombudsman Service

I have been subjected to lies , vindictive treatment and gross incompetence at the hands of the FOS - I feel that the only way to get satisfaction is to expose them publically, can anyone help ? We are not talking difference of opinion here - samples below

A manager telling me that he would appoint a senior adjudicator to look at my case , after I objected to him finding my case was time barred as he was the subject of a complaint, and in any event it was clear on the website that managers should manage staff and not get involved in finding on cases , this senior adjudicator found that as I had lost two previous adjudications he saw no evidence to overturn both findings - I won one case !! so obviously my files had not been read. The Manager confirmed that my files had been read Also the manager made up the title of SENIOR adjudicator - no such position exists !!

In a seperate but related case the Ombudsman said she finds it suspicious that I only now attach blame to the Woolwich - If she had read the adjudications here are numerous references to myself attaching blame to the Woolwich

The above two examples are merely the tip of the iceberg ! I have a whole catalogue of lies / deceit and incompetence to expose !!

Tags: None

Re: Financial Ombudsman Service

Been waiting nearly four years for Ombudsmen on one case.
    Another linked to it has just gone to Ombudsmen as I had rejected the adjudicator decision.
    Reported this particular ones as I only found out she had done so by accident as she had sent email to incorrect address ( right address prior to this)
    Yet Another that I rejected was eventually decided that the adjudicator was incorrect ant I got compensation.
    This adjudicator appeared to have little or no idea of the CCA act, I don't know a lot but know than she seemed to.
    When you glance through the FOS summery it seems that over half of complainers have their cases rejected, they seem to be on the side of financial institutions.
    Never give up, Never surrender.

Comment

Originally posted by dogtired View Post
      Been waiting nearly four years for Ombudsmen on one case.
      Another linked to it has just gone to Ombudsmen as I had rejected the adjudicator decision.
      Reported this particular ones as I only found out she had done so by accident as she had sent email to incorrect address ( right address prior to this)
      Yet Another that I rejected was eventually decided that the adjudicator was incorrect ant I got compensation.
      This adjudicator appeared to have little or no idea of the CCA act, I don't know a lot but know than she seemed to.
      When you glance through the FOS summery it seems that over half of complainers have their cases rejected, they seem to be on the side of financial institutions.
      mine started out with me challenging adjudicators decision , which was plainly flawed, she got vindictive , lied to me about documents being destroyed because there had been no communication on the case for a while, the e mail requesting the documents was not addressed to her, her manager then invented an excuse that she was right the documents had been destroyed , but for a different reason , and the reason she dealt with my request was that it was unofficial policy to have a single point of contact , the manager then became my single point of contact.

The issue the adjudicator were supposed to be answering was whether or not I was time barred, it clearly stated on there cover letter they would not decide fault - the adjudicator found there was no fault - time barred , I requested this decision reviewed as it was flawed- cant interfere- went to ombudsman - who made same findings it was n ot wrong to force endowment s on people - common practice- it is so clear she never read my case it is unbelievable , said I was claiming fraud - i was not - said I only just blamed Woolwich - Adjudicators letter said over and over again that I held them acountable - I provided tonnes of evidence showing it was - her justification - it was her opinion - no further justification required- it was the defence of the ifa that sold the endowment that they had no choice but to sell it which the adjudicators accepted - so cant win against ifa - they had no choice - can't win against the woolwich - they did nothing wrong !!!

Comment

OK good luck!
        Wonder if any one could tell you who you complain about the Ombudsman to?
        Never give up, Never surrender.

Comment

Try the Independent Assessor: http://www.independent-assessor.org.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by des8 View Post
            Try the Independent Assessor: http://www.independent-assessor.org.uk/
            Indeed but they/she will only look at the administration side of things & not how any decisions were/are made. there is no body to complain to about erroneous decisions.

Comment

I have recently had a similar situation jtd...the adjudicator was downright nasty, told lies, covered up information and when I provided her with concrete facts of what had happened, she still said that she found no new evidence to overturn or re-visit her previous findings! I went to my MP, whjo wrote to the Chief Ombudsman which clearly helped, my MP also wrote to Chief Executive of the bank concerned and the end result was that the bank withdrew their claim against me and paid me compensation...which was amazing considering the FOS said I basically didn`t have a case!! Just stick at it and the guys on here are amazing, they have helped me so much! Don`t give in! Have you thought of going to Jessica Gorst-Williams, she is another person who helped me, Jessica may well take on your case providing it hasn`t already been to Court ;-) Good luck xx

- - - Updated - - -

P.s. Would be interesting to know if the same adjudicator gave both of us grief! Oh and just to add, the Independent Assessor doesn`t have the power to overturn the adjudicators decisions, she can only rule on whether you have been treated unfairly...in my case she ruled I had been treated unfairly but I still had to enlist the help of my MP xx

Comment

Originally posted by redrose281 View Post
                I have recently had a similar situation jtd...the adjudicator was downright nasty, told lies, covered up information and when I provided her with concrete facts of what had happened, she still said that she found no new evidence to overturn or re-visit her previous findings! I went to my MP, whjo wrote to the Chief Ombudsman which clearly helped, my MP also wrote to Chief Executive of the bank concerned and the end result was that the bank withdrew their claim against me and paid me compensation...which was amazing considering the FOS said I basically didn`t have a case!! Just stick at it and the guys on here are amazing, they have helped me so much! Don`t give in! Have you thought of going to Jessica Gorst-Williams, she is another person who helped me, Jessica may well take on your case providing it hasn`t already been to Court ;-) Good luck xx

- - - Updated - - -

P.s. Would be interesting to know if the same adjudicator gave both of us grief! Oh and just to add, the Independent Assessor doesn`t have the power to overturn the adjudicators decisions, she can only rule on whether you have been treated unfairly...in my case she ruled I had been treated unfairly but I still had to enlist the help of my MP xx
                The MP bit is an excellent suggestion.........they work for us don't forget.

Comment

Thanks Guys - Independent Assessor - total waste of space - said they cant discuss outcomes or disciplinary issues - I said they are obliged to ensure I was treated fairly it is not the outcome I am questioning, it is the lies and incompetecy - awaiting response - MP has contacted me , so hopefully good news there - Have reported their actions to action fraud under the abuse of position act http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2006/35/section/4 -m worth a shot ?

Will keep you all posted - will try Jessica now - really appreciate your help !!!

Comment

Good luck! Jessica can be quite sharply spoken, but please don`t be put off, she is excellent at what she does ;-) Can I ask that you private message me the name of your adjudicator please? It may help your case if you are not the only one who`s been badly treated by her ;-) xx

Comment

Originally posted by redrose281 View Post
                      Good luck! Jessica can be quite sharply spoken, but please don`t be put off, she is excellent at what she does ;-) Can I ask that you private message me the name of your adjudicator please? It may help your case if you are not the only one who`s been badly treated by her ;-) xx

Redrose - good idea - had meant to publish the names of all the culprits - so as to see if I am not alone and there is a coomon denominator - they are - Hara Olymbiou, adjudicator- Matthew Thompson- Manager - Kirsten Smart - Ombudsman - Mr Bateman - the SENIOR ( LMAO ) adjudicator who cannot read an adjudication and interpret who has won !!

Comment

Redrose - it is manager Matt thompson who has gone out of his way to frustrate me - i asked if he could supply senior managers contact as i want to complain - he wrote - As you’re aware, the issues which you previously raised regarding the handling of your two complaints (our refs 16030532 & 5370571) have now been passed to the Independent Assessor to investigate and comment on. Therefore, I’m not in a position to comment on any of these issues.
                        With regards to your recent comments on the behaviour of our staff and possible disciplinary matters, you are correct in saying that this is not a matter which the Independent Assessor can comment on. However, a Senior Manager will be made aware of the Independent Assessor’s findings once issued, and will then decide whether they feel it necessary to take any further internal action, such as commencing disciplinary action.

surely it ain't up to him to stop my complaint - i wrote making this point

Comment

[QUOTE=jtd;574783]Redrose - it is manager Matt thompson who has gone out of his way to frustrate me - i asked if he could supply senior managers contact as i want to complain - he wrote - As you’re aware, the issues which you previously raised regarding the handling of your two complaints (our refs 16030532 & 5370571) have now been passed to the Independent Assessor to investigate and comment on. Therefore, I’m not in a position to comment on any of these issues.
                          With regards to your recent comments on the behaviour of our staff and possible disciplinary matters, you are correct in saying that this is not a matter which the Independent Assessor can comment on. However, a Senior Manager will be made aware of the Independent Assessor’s findings once issued, and will then decide whether they feel it necessary to take any further internal action, such as commencing disciplinary action.

[/QUOTE

Can you advise name of your MP - will pass it on to my MP - hopefully will encourage him

Comment

[QUOTE=jtd;574815]
                            Originally posted by jtd View Post
                            Redrose - it is manager Matt thompson who has gone out of his way to frustrate me - i asked if he could supply senior managers contact as i want to complain - he wrote - As you’re aware, the issues which you previously raised regarding the handling of your two complaints (our refs 16030532 & 5370571) have now been passed to the Independent Assessor to investigate and comment on. Therefore, I’m not in a position to comment on any of these issues.

[/QUOTE

Can you advise name of your MP - will pass it on to my MP - hopefully will encourage him
                            Hi jtd,
                            It`s a different adjudicator but I think they are all pretty much tarred with the same brush!

Sorry I`m on my mobile at the mo` and so can`t see the rest of your posting but did you ask for a Senior Ombudsmans review of your complaint?

My MP was Mr Ed Miliband...he just wouldn`t let it go and was absolutely brilliant! Id suggest your MP follows the same route as Mr Miliband as it worked for me ;-)

Make sure you get onto Jessica Gorst-Williams asap too ;-) xx

Comment

Can you ask for senior ombudsman review - they said end of discussion - no more correspondence !

- - - Updated - - -

it was time bar issue -not actual review of case !

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X