• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Disciplinary procedure for Cabin Crew of an Airline

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disciplinary procedure for Cabin Crew of an Airline

Hello everybody,

I have discovered this LegalBeagles today, and I m seeking good advice from those that are in the know.

In brief,
    I've been working for an airline as Cabin Crew, for almost 20years.

I was recently called in for a PRELIMINARY INVESTIGATION to an event that happened onboard involving what is described as a NEGLECT OF DUTY.
    This has now escalated to a DISCIPLINARY PROCEDURE.
    Now without going into too much detail just yet, my awful gut feeling to the outcome will be a dismissal on the grounds of GROSS MISCONDUCT.

I feel really uncomfortable about this, as anyone would, but my head, and heart is saying 'JUMP' rather than wait to be 'PUSHED'.
    (In other words, I feel I should resign…… )
    I am aware of all the future problems & headaches this will cause me, but I'm 42 years old now and I'm thinking about protecting my pension.

TBH, The job I don't really enjoy anymore, and I did admit to making a mistake, a stupid mistake at that.

The airline takes these things very seriously, and in my heart & head, I know I'm for the chop… Any tips please ?
    Thank you for reading this.
    Tags: None

Re: Disciplinary procedure for Cabin Crew of an Airline

Is this a breach of health and safety procedure??

Comment

Hi Judgemental24,

I guess, possibly yes it is., and it mentions a breach of Airline procedure too., (Gulp) !

Comment

With most employers a breach of establoished health and safety is Gross Misconduct and a dismissal offence. Especially if you have had previous training and safe systems of work on this particular issue

How serious that transgreesion is will decide the outcome.

Did your actions have the possibility to put yourself, other employees and members of the public in possible Jeopardy?

I would suggest speaking to your local trade union rep before you do anything as every cloud has a possible silver lining

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X