• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Trade Gateways course inquiry

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trade Gateways course inquiry

Hi,

I started an Domestic electricians course through Trade Gateways and I have just finished my first 2 weeks of practical at the Wolverhampton site and by the end of it we would be Prat P defined scope , the experience was very good up to the last couple of days. We were advised by the tutor, who was very good may I add, that due to Trade Gateway booking in to many students to their classes that we may not be finished by the end of the 2 weeks...... which we didn't.

I sat my exam and passed it, as well as all the practical test given to us, but come Friday afternoon we were told were would not have enough time to complete the 2 weeks and would have to try to come back in at some other time down the line. This didn't go down very well with all the guys in the class as you can imagine as some have no holidays from work left and would have to take un paid days off, not good and not fair I'm sure you will agree especially when all this was supposed to be completed in the 2 week period.

We are under the impression that the exam and test we sat and passed have a limited time frame on them if we don't complete the 2 weeks and get it signed off, which we didn't have time to do. Upon asking when we could come back in to sort this there was no really answer other than that they have a mop up week in October to get everyone through from previous groups and students that have not finished etc......which is fully booked up of cause!

So when we all left on Friday we were all none the wiser and have nothing to show for the 2 weeks we did and the exams and tests we sat, as they kept all paperwork. Even as I type this I really don't know where I stand, no certificate, no signed paperwork to say we have done it, nothing.

I have sent a email to Trade Gateways about the situation but as it's a bank holiday I they won't even see it til Tuesday. Everyone is worried that because we couldn't finish due to them booking too many students in each class, an on going problem we were told, that all our exams and test will be null and void by the time we can get back in to hopefully finish, if they even let us, due to them not being able to book us in any time soon. Also there is a slight concern of paperwork going missing as this happened to one student and he had to resit the whole 2 weeks again.

I kind feel lost at this moment as what to do and feel like I just wasted 2 weeks and a lot of money. I'm happy to continue with the course but am not willing to resit the first 2 weeks if everything is lost or voided. It was Trade Gateways fault for over booking a class and not having the time to get everyone finished in time. We have done the work, passed the exams but didn't get the time to finalize everything that makes this valid.

Any advice you can give to help me throw their way when they hopefully contact me would be ideal as I would like to get my fact together in case of the worst.
    Tags: None

Re: Trade Gateways course inquiry

How did you get on.. ive very recently just started this course

Comment

Strangely enough I going back in today to finish off what we missed, a good email of complaint and numerous phone calls later �� The course itself is good, just not most organised.

Not sure how any of the other guys got on, hopefully I'll see some of them there today. Trade gateways themselves weren't very forthcoming with why they book the classes to big for the tutors to handle, they just didn't reply each time I asked which makes believe they know they are doing it.

Good luck hope it all goes smoothly, all I will say is try to push yourself to the front of the class and jump the queue.

Comment

Originally posted by Newmodel View Post
        Strangely enough I going back in today to finish off what we missed, a good email of complaint and numerous phone calls later �� The course itself is good, just not most organised.

Not sure how any of the other guys got on, hopefully I'll see some of them there today. Trade gateways themselves weren't very forthcoming with why they book the classes to big for the tutors to handle, they just didn't reply each time I asked which makes believe they know they are doing it.

Good luck hope it all goes smoothly, all I will say is try to push yourself to the front of the class and jump the queue.
        All the best for today.... Ive read some bad things on forums about this company and not much good so it is a worry seeing how much we have to pay for it.

Comment

Thanks ��

Just got back, today went well and it basically finished my defined scope part of the course off, the tutor we had today was amazing, helpful and friendly. This basically mean it was my first tutor which was the problem, not so much the course center itself. She told us that her classes are always finished early, virtually everyone passes because if they don't, she helps them til they do. She did say a lot if bad feedback has been taken about the previous tutor and it has been noticed by their head office eg he's probably in for a scolding, as it was his fault his students all had to come back.

Wish you luck with it and hopefully you get through it without any hitches ��

Comment

Glad to hear it mate. Well done. You sound like your are cracking on with it. Im hoping to do the the second tma from the first book tomo so a long way behind you. Good luck with the rest of it

Comment

Some modules are really short then you get some that never seem to end, take notes so you understand them, you'll go over a lot in your practical weeks and as we found out its probably a good idea to buy a Dictaphone or something to record with......the tutors do ramble ok fast lol

Comment

Cheers buddy ill will bear that in mind. Have you managed to secure any sort of work experience. My mate is a sparky so ill volunteer my time on his private weekend jobs. Ive also managed to source a load of stuff about explaining the wiring regs which i can point you in the right direction. Also saw on ebay you can buy a set of dvds with all the answers for the exams and the level 3 diploma. Also has loads of manuals and vidoes on there. Im contemplating getting them as back up.. not sure though. My mate said buying a copy of the 3rd eddition on site guide is a must and thats a yellow cover and £25ish on amazon. Also the city and guilds 2365 manual as well. Ive sourced a load of pdf stuff if you want any of it emailed as you normally have to pay for it but i got them through torrents

Comment

No work experience yet as I wanted to wait til I had finished the full scope Part P first......don't ant to make any mistakes to early on lol The books we work from are a little out dated but the exams are in line with them, the new yellow ones are the current ones I think but we get the old green ones, which isn't bad considering the price of them

That would be a great help, thanks, any new info or help is always appreciated I've messaged you my email

Comment

Got your email.... ill send you over what ive got. It will be done by tomorrow mate without fail

Comment

Thanks, no rush though just when you get the time

Comment

Tomorrow is all but my study day so its not an issue. If you have any questions about the practical side.. i wont know obviously but my mate has been fully qualified for over 10 years and i can ask him anything.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                        Working...
                        X