• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowell portfolio Leter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowell portfolio Leter

Hello Everyone,

I have used Legal Beagles before and was a big help and managed to write of 1000's.

I have received from Lowell portfolio saying that they have bought my debt from a creditor which I stopped paying token payments two years ago but now I got a a letter from my creditor saying that they sold it to Lowell , I checked my credit file and it is not there anymore. The account was defaulted in 2004-5 and it does not show it any default on my credit file.

What do I do now? I understand if the debt is before 2007 then it is hard to be recovered by these companies..I had a court claim two years ago but I cam to this site and was told what to do and they dropped the case and closed the account..Can they default me again for same account or change my credit file?

Many thanks
    Tags: None

Re: Lowell portfolio Leter

Hi Welcome Back.

You need to send Lowell a CCA request to see if they have an agreement ( is this what the previous case was about?)
    Use the template from the forum Library: A £1 statutory fee is payable. us a cheque or postal order endorsed " For Statutory Fee Only"
    Lowell has 12 + 2 Working Days to comply.

Lowell cannot place another default nor can it report the debt ever again.

The agreement if they have it will have to be the original or a proper copy of it to enforce payment via the court.

nem

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Welcome Back.

You need to send Lowell a CCA request to see if they have an agreement ( is this what the previous case was about?)
    Use the template from the forum Library: A £1 statutory fee is payable. us a cheque or postal order endorsed " For Statutory Fee Only"
    Lowell has 12 + 2 Working Days to comply.

Lowell cannot place another default nor can it report the debt ever again.

The agreement if they have it will have to be the original or a proper copy of it to enforce payment via the court.

nem

Comment

Originally posted by magicaljems View Post
      Hello Everyone,

I have used Legal Beagles before and was a big help and managed to write of 1000's.

Write off? I for one would be interested to know how you achieved that! :noidea:

I have received from Lowell portfolio saying that they have bought my debt from a creditor which I stopped paying token payments two years ago but now I got a a letter from my creditor saying that they sold it to Lowell , I checked my credit file and it is not there anymore. The account was defaulted in 2004-5 and it does not show it any default on my credit file.
      No, it wouldn't show because defaults drop off after six years.
      What do I do now? I understand if the debt is before 2007 then it is hard to be recovered by these companies..
      That depends on what sort of agreement (if any) you signed at the time you opened the account. Would be good if you told us a few more details, such as what debt this was.

Not every pre-2007 debt is hard to recover, that refers to s.127(3) of the CCA which was repealed with effect from April 2007, which prevented a court from enforcing unless there had been a properly executed agreement with all the prescribed terms to start with.
      I had a court claim two years ago but I cam to this site and was told what to do and they dropped the case and closed the account..
      As you signed up under a new username today, we have no way of finding your old threads, :ohwell: was that for this debt or something else?
      Can they default me again for same account or change my credit file?
      No, there can only be one default for each account, however if someone got a CCJ then that would be recorded.

Comment

Hi,

I forgot my log in details and had to open a new threat. My old debt was for £3k was with Goldfish then was sold to Caboot , I stopped paying after few years because the debt was increasing instead then I got claim court and as suggested here I acknowledged it and I came to legalbeagles and was told to send CCA request and 2 weeks latter they said they can not find it and will no longer will chase it.

This case is a credit card with Halifax and I was paying them a token payment and as soon as it dropped from my credit file they appointed DCA and was paying for years then I stopped paying as I knew it would never get cleared and I thought they gone away but had a letter from halifax recently saying they sold it to Lowell and I should pay them now! I will never call them and only in writing. I have no idea what the exact amount is now I think is £3.5k as I never got any
        annual statements and do not what I am paying for. I know they paid pennies for it and want me to pay them. I have no assets so will fight them and will not just hand over any money to them now.

This site has helped me a lot and have told all my friends about it. When I offered original creditor years ago to pay off the debt with a discount they refused but they sell it to these guys for nothing. I know for a fact that if you do IVA then they accept 20p in a pound and after a year you can just offer a lump sum as my friend did. I am not afraid of these companies and their nasty letters will not scare me.

Many thanks

Comment

Well said!! If everyone was this positive the debt industry would have very big problems!!:tinysmile_twink_t2:

nem

Comment

There are two versions of CCA in the library which one is better to send? and when to send?

Comment

There are two versions of CCA in the library which one is better to send? and when to send?
              Whichever suits you case the best, please post a draft if you wish and we can go through it.

nem

Comment

When the debt has been sold to a debt purchaser I'd be inclined to send the second, more in depth version that has a paragraph that refers to when they argue they are not the creditor. I've not seen that happening lately, perhaps because people here are sending that letter, but it used to be the case that the likes of Arrow would return the PO and say they were not the creditor.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X