• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

bw legal - set aside app after default judgment

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bw legal - set aside app after default judgment

Hello all I am looking for some advice on how to deal with bw legal? The site is so valuable by the way I just don't feel I am able right at this moment to get around the site quick enough to respond to my situation. I have a "judgement for claimant" (in default) dated 24/06/15 . I believe it is not legal because I am out of the 6yr period and not with the original debtor. I have made no such contract with Lowell portfolio. My question is do I, and have I got time still to dispute this with the court? I have tried ringing the court and I am just getting a message to purchase a £155 pack to dispute anything.

Is that really necessary? Is there a form I can send to them without buying the pack?

yours in anticipation
    Tags: None

Re: bw legal

Is it an automated message you are getting?

What the case actually is is that you have a judgment by default ( because you didn't receive, or didn't respond to the original court papers) and you now need to apply to ' SET ASIDE' the judgment.

This means an application to the court for a hearing to decide if you have a valid defence.

The cost is £155 - however if you are on a low income or certain benefits you may be exempt from the fee.

I'll just grab a link for you xx
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...lication-notes - links to the forms there. The N244 is the application and the EX160 is the fee remission.

First though - can you tell us a bit more about the background of the debt and the court claim pls.
      You believe it is statute barred ?
      When was last payment/contact with the creditor ?
      Who is the creditor and what type of debt is it ?
      Did you receive the court papers ?
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hello Amethyst. Thankyou x

Comment

The debt is a co-op credit card.
          I believe it is statute barred because I am out of the 6yr period since last payment.
          I have made no payment to Lowell portfolio
          The creditor is Lowell portfolio and they are quoting the original creditor/account number/co-op
          I have received no court papers

eljay

Comment

Originally posted by eljay101 View Post
            Hello all I am looking for some advice on how to deal with bw legal? The site is so valuable by the way I just don't feel I am able right at this moment to get around the site quick enough to respond to my situation. I have a "judgement for claimant" (in default) dated 24/06/15 . I believe it is not legal because I am out of the 6yr period and not with the original debtor. I have made no such contract with Lowell portfolio.
            You don't need to have a contract with Lowell, they are debt purchasers and would have bought a defaulted account of yours. The six year period runs till they issue a claim.

My question is do I, and have I got time still to dispute this with the court? I have tried ringing the court and I am just getting a message to purchase a £155 pack to dispute anything.

Is that really necessary? Is there a form I can send to them without buying the pack?

yours in anticipation
            Yes, the N244 form Amethyst posted above. The £155 is the court fee which includes a hearing. Most set aside applications require a hearing. The EX160 Amethyst mentions tells you about fee remission. Bear in mind if you claim benefits, your award letters are likely to be older than three months and you'd need to get a letter from the DWP for the purpose, they need to be under three months old.

The debt is a co-op credit card.
            I believe it is statute barred because I am out of the 6yr period since last payment.
            I have made no payment to Lowell portfolio
            The creditor is Lowell portfolio and they are quoting the original creditor/account number/co-op
            I have received no court papers

eljay
            Have you moved in the last few years?

You can apply for set aside on the basis that you didn't receive the claim form and you have a solid defence to the claim, SBd is an absolute defence. :thumb:

Any idea when you last paid that Co-op card?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X