• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Scottish solicitor advise

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scottish solicitor advise

Hi, i am looking to take a engineering company to court due to a issue with service they provided. They did not provide any terms to sign before going into contract. We then wanted to cancel this service due to payment issues they would only accept.
    I am from Leeds and can not take the company to court without a solicitor, as the amount in damages are over £5000. Can someone advice me if this is true and if so recommend any firm! Thanks
    Tags: None

Re: Scottish solicitor advise

Originally posted by Qayyum View Post
    Hi, i am looking to take a engineering company to court due to a issue with service they provided. They did not provide any terms to sign before going into contract. We then wanted to cancel this service due to payment issues they would only accept.
    I am from Leeds and can not take the company to court without a solicitor, as the amount in damages are over £5000. Can someone advice me if this is true and if so recommend any firm! Thanks
    I welcome to LB,

Was the contract governed by English or Scottish Law?

nem

Comment

The company is based and registered in Glasgow. All communication was done via email.

Comment

Originally posted by Qayyum View Post
        The company is based and registered in Glasgow. All communication was done via email.
        Is there no hard copy contract?

nem

Comment

In the email from the company they stated what they would do, time scale, price and payment method. When it came to paying they said they would only accept bank transfer. They wanted the money to go into the totally different company name. I then demanded we would only pay via credit card to which they refused. We then asked to cancel the contract. They refused to do this as they had spent time and money repairing the engine.

Comment

Have you paid them anything so far? and do they have your engine ? Where do the damages amount of over £5k come from ?

The email will probably do as the contract however the payment terms should also have been agreed up front - I agree with your concerns over paying a completely different company by bank transfer and losing any protection available by paying via credit card. It might help to post the emails up.
            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

We have not paid anything as of yet. They will not take our credit card payment. The cost of £5000 plus amounts to what BMW have quoted and there will be car hire costs, which are due to the engine not been delivered on time scale given.

Below is the email sent before we agreed to start any work.

his is James from 1stxxxxx with a quote for your BMW 320I SE PETROL 1995cc REG: HY09 OCF VIN NO.WBAPG32050A392635 ENG CODE: N43 B20
              Regarding our conversation earlier i can confirm we can do full overhaul of your engine provided there are no holes or cracks on your head or block this would be subject to a surcharge no payment necessary until engine is ready to come out to you we are currently working on 7 to 14 working days. I hope this information is to your satisfaction.

Engine – Remanufactured / Checked & Tested: REFURBISH
              Engine: £1100.00 (12 months warranty)
              Delivery: £50.00
              VAT: £230.00
              Sub total: n/a
              Surcharge: n/a
              Total: £1380.00

Payment Methods:

You can pay buy credit or debit card, or make a BACS payment to:
              BANK: ROYAL BANK OF SCOTLAND
              A/C NAME: 1st

*If you are paying by credit card there is a 3% charge*

Expected delivery 7 to 9 working days from day after order placed
              After order is complete *WE WILL SEND YOU A CONFORMATION PDF EMAIL TO PRINT OFF AND SEND BACK TO OURSELVES THROUGH EMAIL POST OR FAX*
              For all other queries please do not hesitate to call us back or call me on my direct number bellow. “Always happy to help”
              Kind Regards,

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X