• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Ex girlfriend issues

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ex girlfriend issues

I split with my ex nearly 2 months ago but we still have a mortgage together. She still pays half the mortgage but has moved out and I still live there. The house is on the market to sell but when I'm not there she goes around the house and takes things and goes through my things. I also have another partner who stays with me and has her things there. Is my ex aloud to go around and enter the house when I'm not there cause she is invading my privacy and thinks she can enter the house when ever she likes. Thanks
    Tags: None

Re: Ex girlfriend issues

Yes. The law says that there can only be a joint tenancy at law. There are four unities that apply for a joint tenancy to exist and one of them possession, which in simple terms means that one owner is not able to restrict access to any parts of the property of another. Even if your ex severed the tenancy through notice in writing or another route, the unity of possession still applies to a tenancy in common (albeit the only one.)

If you've split, then you need to ensure her name is removed from the register at HM Land Registry.

Comment

Thanks for your help. Also can she go through my things as she has been and things are going missing?

Comment

If she has 'stolen' property, that is a police matter.

You could change the locks, but she would have a swift court route to an application for access, sometimes within 48hrs, but this would cost her time and money. How quickly will the property sell? Sounds like the sooner this is resolved the better.

She's probably annoyed that you have another partner at the property so soon after splitting?
        "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Originally posted by Leighton47 View Post
          Thanks for your help. Also can she go through my things as she has been and things are going missing?
          Not really, no. As Celestine says, that is theft and is a criminal offence.

Comment

Get a dissociation order in place also. She could take loans it using house as security. In both names.

Comment

Originally posted by redken View Post
              Get a dissociation order in place also. She could take loans it using house as security. In both names.
              I'm not entirely sure the OP could have a loan taken out in his name without his knowledge.

Comment

Sorry should say disassociation

- - - Updated - - -

My ex tried.
                Even forged my signature.
                Naughty

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X