• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

mbna rejection letter 23/4/15

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mbna rejection letter 23/4/15

Hello to all I'm looking for advice on a rejection letter I received from Mbna
    Decision
    after considering all the information and evidence I am rejecting your complaint
    (What evidence this was 1 phone call from me to them asking is I had PPI on my credit card I have not filled out any forms or been asked any questions)
    Findings
    The FCA sets our the time limit for customers to make complaints
    under these rules we are not required to consider a complaint if the sale took place over six years ago and the complaint is referred to us more than three years from the date you ought to have reasonably became aware that you had cause to complain( for example when you realised you had PPI)

Your credit card account was opened on 29th December 1994 and you purchased PPI on your credit card on the same date by way of postal application

I'n your complaint you informed us that you were not aware that PPI had been added to your account

Our records show that in 2007 that you contacted MBNA to cancel your PPI policy

I have therefore concluded that you knew or ought reasonably to have know that you had Cause for a complaint more than three years ago
    for the reasons set out above we have now completed our complaints process

You can go to the FOS

What I have done so far is contacted MBNA on a free phone number which may help others
    0800 917 6592
    And asked what evidence and information that they have to come to this decision they told me I can request a SAR and this would cost me 10.00 and take up to 40 days to arrive with me
    it was just by chance I found a payment on one of my statements which I phoned to ask what is was for they told me it was PPI so I told them I did not want to pay for this and cancelled it so I did not even know I had the PPI on my card
    any advice form anyone would be most helpful
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X