• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Happy Friday, PayPal transaction is considered to be direct debit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy Friday, PayPal transaction is considered to be direct debit

Morning happy Friday everyone.

recently bought from ebay
    long story short no goods no refund resolution centre is not available. So moving on.

Thought would go via bank to get charge back but bank NatWest advised as the transaction is considered a direct debit there is no come back to them.

Can anyone make any suggestions for me to pursue.

many thanks
    Tags: None

Re: Happy Friday, PayPal transaction is considered to be direct debit

Hi and welcome, not understanding the reply from Natwest, we do know they are very limited in their knowledge of charge back rules and love to try and fob us off.

Well this from Paypal I would have a read

https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/chargebacks

Comment

thank you I hadn't seen that. Seems to cover all my issues but aparently not if the item was an eBay item. different rules there. I have explored this issue with others in my local area it seems quite a few of us get taken by a buyer along the way.

Thought natwest charge back would be best as it where funds originated from.

Comment

What type of transactions aren’t covered?
        Some types of purchases are not covered by chargeback, and eBay users should take note as this includes PayPal transactions.
        In using PayPal, the actual act of loading the money into your account is considered to be the transaction.
        This means the transaction is with PayPal, not with the seller you've bought a product from, so the first port of call to dispute a purchase in this case is to go through PayPal's complaints process.
        You could potentially still make a chargeback claim against a PayPal purchase, if you can show you used your debit or credit card to specifically make the purchase through PayPal.
        So if your PayPal account was empty and you paid in credit to make a transaction on that same day, then you may have a case for chargeback. But again, your card provider is under no obligation to provide a refund.

Read more: http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/g...#ixzz3VZhboPg1
        Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X