• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Free Moments

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free Moments

I was scammed with the petrol vouchers through sapphire , think ive just been scammed again by the same person but with a different named company, Free moments, they have used my details from my card as i didnt know this was a scam till today so my card has been available to them or her, i have now been in touch with my bank who gratefully refunded the money and the fraud squad is investigating and are issuing me a new card. Will never use my card online or over the phone again unless i know them.
    Tags: None

Re: Free Moments

Thanks for making us aware of that name, it will help others in a similar situation.

Please keep us updated how you get on
    Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

Me too....very hurt and angry at the moment.£78.00 gone out of my account today even though i cancelled the day i got the letter, well within the 14 days cooling off period. There is no one available till Monday to help.

Comment

You should be able to contact your bank today and tell them that money has been taken with no authorisation. Also contact Action Fraud.

We have become aware of a company called Promotional Media Services based in Cardiff, who telephone prospective customers asking for £1 in order to receive money-off vouchers. The company asks customers to pay the £1 by giving their credit card details. Customers then describe the following: 14 days after the telephone call, the sum of £79.99 is taken from their account. Promotional Media Services claim that this is a subscription for a magazine, called Sapphire Magazine, and that in order to avoid the fee they should have cancelled their ‘contract’. Customers state they were not aware they had entered into a ‘contract’ at the time of the phone call, and that they never receive anything from the company, be it a magazine or a book of vouchers.
        Trading Standards are currently investigating complaints about Promotional Media Services, registered to Cardiff’s Brigantine Place.
        We have been contacted numerous times by members of the public because representatives of Promotional Media Services often use the title or phrase Free Moments when talking to prospective customers. We would like to make it clear that we have nothing to do with Promotional Media Services or Free Moments and we do not, or ever intend to, operate in the manner described above. We urge any readers not to give credit or debit card details over the phone to anyone ringing on-spec.
        If you wish to contact Promotional Media Services, their details are Promotional Media Services, Cardiff CF3 2PY, E: hello@pmedias.co.uk T: 0843 5070707.
        If you wish to contact Action Fraud, visit www.actionfraud.police.uk

Promotional Media Services went into Liquidation on the 7th July.
        https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/c...filing-history
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Thankyou Amethyst.....I have contacted my bank this morning and have had to now put a block on my card. I havent got a lot of funds left in there now but they have issued me with a code to use with paypoint. The company in question is not open till Monday so im still left in limbo till then basing it on the fact they will refund my money.

Comment

I have also had 78 taken out of my bank yesterday without giving permission cant phone till Monday because not open I phoned and canceled it the same day card came through hope I can get mine back has it was my last bit of money

Comment

Hi there. Exactly the same thing has happened to me. I cancelled in writing and they confirmed verbally that nothing that further would be taken off my credit card. I have phoned repeatedly and each time they promise that money would be reimbursed. A month later, nothing. I feel so stupid and so trusting. Can somebody advise as to what I should do?

Comment

If it's not too late contact you card company and get them to reverse the transaction (s). There is a time limit for this to be available.

Comment

got scammed the first time round by Sapphire. The discount vouchers for fuel are spread over the year . What you have to do is buy the fuel keep the receipt and then send this with teh "discount" voucher . Allegedly you will recieve a refund cheque in two weeks . Sapphire magazine certainly exists : i have a copy, and is a full on A5 glossy. Tharticles look like press releaes and promotional puffs .

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X