• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Good evening to you all - CIFAS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Good evening to you all - CIFAS

Amethyst - I never though you were suggesting anything, I just wanted to give as much info as I could, I hope I didn't give that impression....

I now have my own company, I felt I was being disadvantaged as the other person earned more but took more in the way of expenses, there were office and staff costs too that were nothing to do with me. Most of all though I was unhappy at being saddled with half of a larger corp tax bill. This year my corp tax bill was about £700 lower, it's a lot more straight forward being just me and it's easier to keep track of everything too.

I resigned as a director of the jointly held company and went it alone.

I know which bank has placed the marker, I've not SARd them as anything pertaining to the 'fraud' will be withheld.

Heaven knows own how someone without a FS background would tackle a problem like this, I've got friends and acquaintances in the business but I not getting anywhere. I'll see if I can scan and upload the latest letter, the bank in question are using all my previous,y failed attempts against me to justify leaving the marker in place!

Comment

SAR the bank - although they won't tell you directly the documents they give you might help you distinguish exactly where the marker has come from, ie. for what reason. Do a full SAR, asking for everything they hold on you, screen notes, call recordings, transaction lists, background data, applications, agreements etc etc. It's worth a tenner and you might be surprised what information they do hold about you, and it might be the key to getting this sorted out.
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hello All

I hope there are some wise souls on here who can help me out because I'm going through a similar issue.

Issue

SAR'd National Hunter - Applicant Refer
        SAR'd CIFAS - Application Fraud; Altered documents (Bank statement and Utility Bill) for a mortgage application

There were both added 10 months ago.

Cause

A grave mistake on my part. Essentially on both documents I changed the address from where they were sent to (my mum's address as I was living there for years and all my documents go there, she is ill and I often visit her weekly and collect my mail at the same time) to where I actually live.

So i actually made the change to to reflect my actual situation and where I live.

I know i should of just left it but i obviously just wasn't thinking clearly.

For the utility bill the financial institution asked to see bills for a few years and I asked them to send the bills to my Mums address but they corresponded to the place where I live.

Potential solutions

1) Live with it - but for how long? Is it 6 years or is it forever - I just don't know how i will cope if it's forever so will need to try and start a new life abroad or something.

2) Write a letter - showing the original documents and being clear on why I adjusted the documents and ask for them to remediate the situation. I'm not a fraudster, i don't have anything to hide but wanted the documents to show my actual address (in the bank statement case) and in the utility bill case i asked them for them to be sent to the correct address so i have the original bills to send.

The risk with (2) is that it could open a can of worms and i could lose my current mortgage i have etc

Impact

My bank closed my accounts giving me all that usual wooly jargon and it wasn't explicit.

Through research i've been able to determine the above alerts against me.

I cannot obtain any credit at all. This will severely impact my life and i really don't now how long for - I'm youngish and will probably lose my fiance over this now.

i really need some guidance here, what can i do?

Thanks in advance for your time and replies

Comment

Hi and welcome, I will tag someone who may be able to help you [MENTION=7]Tools[/MENTION]

Comment

Afternoon and welcome to LB

I'm not quite sure what you are hoping to achieve, or indeed what the impact has been.

1st glance, your bank has closed your accounts, is this due to incorrect address given?

What credit are you trying to apply for and have they put a marker against your name?

In what way will it affect your relationship with your fiance?
            Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

I'm sorry but could you clarify why there have been two addresses?

You own one house with a mortgage but you weren't living in it? Have you been renting it out without informing the mortgage company?

You were making another mortgage application - was this for another property or refinancing your current mortgage?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X