• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

moorcroft

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: moorcroft

My husband works....and we own our home but my name is not on mortgage...do u think i should reinstate payments? 10.00 pcm....there has been no mention of the court order..so i am confused..

Comment

Originally posted by kaz1975 View Post
      And i am not paying it atm ..havent since 2012..
      Was it purely unaffordability that stopped you paying?

nem

Comment

Tbh...i had personal problems..marriage breakdown and depression..also i hit the bottle a bit..struggled with everything..is there anyway i can see if there is a judgement..because its weird it hasnt been enforced..things are good for me right now..this is all i need..to rock the boat.

Comment

Tbh...i had personal problems..marriage breakdown and depression..also i hit the bottle a bit..struggled with everything..is there anyway i can see if there is a judgement..because its weird it hasnt been enforced..things are good for me right now..this is all i need..to rock the boat.
          Trust on line for checking judgements, there is a charge for each address checked.

nem

- - - Updated - - -

Trust on line for checking judgements, there is a charge for each address checked.

nem

Comment

Guess i will just have to sit back and wait to see wat happens..

Comment

Just checked trust online...nothing registered against my name or address.. :/

Comment

You said the judgment was from 2007, if so, it would have dropped off the registry in 2013, they only stay on record for six years.

Comment

Aww..so im still liable..oh dear

Comment

Aww..so im still liable..oh dear
                    Try not to worry. It is possible even they may not be aware that there is a judgment. It has been known to happen. If you ever receive anything indicating they intend to enforce it, do post up. You can always make a monthly payment offer you can afford, backed with an income and expenditure form. Some people have CCJs and pay just £1/month because that's all they can afford. Remember you can always apply to suspend a warrant should they get one and you can also request a suspended attachment of earnings order if they were to apply for one. There's always a way to deal with these things and you are in the right place to get help with them. :thumb:

Comment

Aww thank you...i havent told hubby as it was a debt from wen we were parted...so legal beagles are my only support..really appreciate it..

Comment

Have you moved in recent times?

nem

Comment

No..been here 17 yrs

Comment

No..been here 17 yrs
                            The reason the CCJ does not show is because it was recorded over 6 years ago (2007), not because it may have been recorded at a different address.

Comment

If a person only checks on the current address and
                              nothing shows there is always a possibility that a
                              " last known address has been used.
                              It's called being thorough!

Comment

If it is of any help, I had two CCJ's in the 90's so yes a long time ago. I was paying minimal payments up until 2012 when things got difficult. The nice man from barclays told me that if I stopped paying there was nothing they could do about it as it was so old.

Do you have any of the paperwork from the time of the CCJ, or any letters about who owns the debt now, is it still Lloyds?

AS previously said by Garlok and FP the letter he suggested has nothing whatsoever to do with FMOTL and is just asserting your legal rights , with the exception of motor mile finance I have never had any problems with sending that letter. I would however refrain from throwing water over them as I believe that is assault although you could use reasonable force to move them off your premises, but again I would avoid even talking to them.

IF someone other than Lloyds now own the debt unless there has been a substitution of name there is nothing they can do. Entirely up to you about restarting payments or not, personally i would not unless things get more 'interesting'

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X