• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PPI Claim and Halifax

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PPI Claim and Halifax

Hi to all, new member so sorry if this has been posted in the wrong place.

Just need some advice on whether i am being given the run around from Halifax. claim numbers 3724 & 2955

I had two PPI claims against Halifax going through via ISmart Claims company. 10th December 2014 I received a letter from Halifax upholding a claim ending 3724. On the letter at the bottom it stated :
    These cards below are in order of oldest to newest where '1' is the oldest card. I've included these cards because they are linked to the card/PPI you've complained about.
    I was very happy that they upheld the complaint. All the paperwork and workings out seemed to pertain to 3724. five days later a chq arrives.
    Next part I get confused about. Hope it comes across ok.
    couple of days before Xmas and after i had received the chq I get a telephone call from Halifax wanting to ask some more questions regarding the PPI claim 2955 I which I replied I think you maybe wasting your time as I think it has been paid out and quoted the letter. He replied now 2955 is a open ongoing claim so I answered the questions. Just after Xmas I received a standard rejection letter, I spoke to ISmart who was going to push again, a few weeks later got the same thing rejection letter, so I instructed ISmart to go through the FOS. Today I received a email from ISmart saying that they had received an offer of settlement on the claim 2955......Great I thought they have won!!!! I called them and they stated that 2955 was settled with the claim 3724.
    I asked them how can this be, as no mention of it on any of the two rejection letters and when the guy from Halifax called me and I gave him the opportunity to say it had been settled with the 3724 claim he said it was still ongoing.
    I told Ismart what i wanted to know is: Why wasn't it mentioned on rejection letters, Why didn't Halifax say it was settled when asked when I had the settlement letter claim 3724, why would they want to know more questions on a claim if it had been settled and i had already banked the chq. ISmart reply it could be Halifaxs' Policy.
    If the guy from Halifax had said Yes sorry I can see we have already settled the claim sorry for my call I would have been fine no worries, But now in my head i'm thinking do they not want to pay out as this claim is going back to 1998 and it would amount to quite a tidy sum.
    So my question is: Should I take this further or just accept that it was all a missunderstanding??
    Thank you for reading my rather long post and would like to thank you for any help or advice that you could give.
    Tags: None

Re: PPI Claim and Halifax

It's difficult to understand the change of stance by Halifax but if I were you I would continue with the FOS. You have nothing to lose by doing so.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X