• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Delayed Quidco cashback (confused.com/energy)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delayed Quidco cashback (confused.com/energy)

On 26 September 2014 I changed my energy supplier from EDF to First Energy via Quidco/confused.com/energy. As I changed both electricity and gas, a cashback amount of Ł28 was promised.

This was shown to be paid in December, followed by delays. I subsequently contacted Quidco who said that confused.com was yet to confirm the cashback. Following that, the estimated payment date was to be 3 February 2015 (last Tuesday). Yet again, this has now been missed and there's no payment date shown whatsoever. Once again, I contacted Quidco and here their reply:

"Hi Mr $quandaŁot,

thank you for getting in contact with us.
    I would like to apologise for the inconvenience of the delay of your Confused.com cashback.
    Please do be assured we are doing everything in our power to chase this retailer to retrieve your cashback. They are yet to give us a time frame on when you will be receiving this payment but as soon as we get any information on the status of your cashback we will contact you and inform you of this.
    Again we do sincerely apologise about the delay as it is something we wouldn't wan our customers to face.
    I do hope this has helped.
    Kind regards,
    Nadira
    Quidco Support"

I must point out that I do not rely on the promised cashback when using Quidco. Nevertheless, this does not make confused.com look good and I may as well google the best energy deals in the future.

There has been a fair amount of criticism about the main UK comparison websites. As I am quite savvy with my utilities and know how much I am normally using annually, I don't see this as a problem. You can always check the deals on utility companies' own websites and then compare them to the ones on comparison site. Very often they are exactly the same.

I think the main problem here is that as the cashback industry is currently growing, it needs to be urgently regulated. They may be seen as a consumer's friend. In reality, however, it is just a clever way of marketing and much cheaper than running lengthy media ads.

In general, Quidco is quite good but I think there should be clear payment dates said and cashback amounts should be treated as part of the contract. I'm tempted to have a chat with our Paul and find out what he thinks!
    Tags: None

Re: Delayed Quidco cashback (confused.com/energy)

Keep chasing, I had to chase and whinge for a good 18 months to get some cashback out of a Direct Line home insurance.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucifa42 View Post
      Keep chasing, I had to chase and whinge for a good 18 months to get some cashback out of a Direct Line home insurance.

:tinysmile_twink_t2: Does this mean that Confused .Com are really confused or is it all brian's fault

Comment

I am pleased to update that quidco has now paid this cashback from their own funds, following confirmation from confused.com that they would get paid.

Getting the best possible energy deal does require a bit of work, but is well worth it as savings can be Ł200-300 a year, even more for heavy users. I rather spend this money on a short break in Harrogate than fund utility companies!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X