• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Hi to all, my forum discussion is" BG agents force entry using court warrant".

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi to all, my forum discussion is" BG agents force entry using court warrant".

I am looking for any advice regarding an incident where Briish Gas agents used a warrant to forcibly enter my second home with no direct contact to myself at my permanent address in the South.

The incident was only found on visiting property in North of country at latter end of 2014, on attempting access it was found that the barrel lock had been changed so access to my property was denied, another lock on front door still worked with the keys in my possession.

The property is rarely used, BG are aware of this and there has been no useage of elecricity or gas for a considerable time, meter readings are regularly sent online when requested by BG.

E-mail contact has also been used in the past regarding Standing Charges and Direct Debit Charges emphasising the reasons for non useage of Gas or Electricity.

All charges due to BG are paid by Monthly Direct Debit and there is no outstanding unpaid charges.

BG have the details of my permanent address, my e-mail details and telephone details and have been instructed to use these details in any communication.

The action taken by myself to access my property was to call a locksmith who after checking my authority to enter the property drilled out the lock, fitted new lock charging £180 for his servcices. On entering property a letter was found on stairs regarding entry in Dec 2013, further evidence of letter contact was found amongst the large amount of junk mail behind front door in the passage way.

I have contacted BG, but they didnt want to know about my complaint and give a phone number of their agent, on contacting this agent was told they no longer had a contract.

I was eventually able to make contact with the Meter Reading firm who applied for and executed warrant, they have kindly e-mailed copies of warrant and letters sent/delivered to unoccupied property in the North but nothing sent to my permanent address in the South, which they were well aware of and is on my account with BG.

Is there anything I can do to resolve this complaint with BG and their agents (who do change over time) as I believe that relevant information regarding contact with property owner was withheld when applying for the warrant.
    Tags: None

Re: Hi to all, my forum discussion is" BG agents force entry using court warrant".

Hi welcome,

The best approach and one very useful if litigation was to arise from this is to make a Formal Written Complaint to the CEO British Gas.
    Explain clearly and as succinctly as possible what has occurred and attach copies of any correspondence relating to this matter.

Having done that lay down exactly what you require (demand) BG to do to rectify the complaint.

A formal complaint requires the company to fully investigate and respond to the complaint, after which you can take the matter to the industry ombudsman service.

It's always a big advantage to make such complaints straight to the top cutting out customer (dis) service and others with no authority and even less enthusiasm for dealing with your complaint.

nem

Comment

Re: Hi to all, my forum discussion is" BG agents force entry using court warrant".

Nemesis45

Thanks for your advice, I am very new to this website and a senior citizen of 76, so will try to find address of CEO BG

Comment

OkBG's corporate website will have it.
        Chris Weston
        MD Centrica
        30 The Causeway
        Staines
        TW18 3BY
        chris.weston@ centrica.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Bjam131 View Post
          Thanks for your advice, I am very new to this website and a senior citizen of 76, so will try to find address of CEO BG
          You will find this web site helpful

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X